And we're back!

Main Menu

Dead Pool 2023

Started by Josephus, December 26, 2022, 06:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duque de Bragança

viper37

Quote from: Caliga on June 26, 2023, 09:36:44 AMNever heard of it. :sleep:
There's 3 of them.  2 of them with Julian Sands.

Now, you know what to do next week-end.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

One of my favorite bits from recent years on YouTube was him, Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine answering questions that people seem to google a lot. The three are wonderful together (and I love Michael Caine's deadpan longwinded stories :D ).

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

grumbler

Quote from: Syt on July 03, 2023, 08:22:35 AMOne of my favorite bits from recent years on YouTube was him, Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine answering questions that people seem to google a lot. The three are wonderful together (and I love Michael Caine's deadpan longwinded stories :D ).

Thanks for sharing that.  I'd not seen that before.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

RIP Tony Bennett. :(

Saw him in concert three times... among the best concerts I've been to.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Maladict

Josephus

Fuck about Sinead. :-(

I was a fan of hers, and not just her first two albums either. She's had issues, I know. Wouldn't surprise me if this is by suicide. (Haven't heard that's the case).

Just read her biography recently.

Fuck.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

viper37

Somehow, I thought she died last year.
RIP. :(
She was right all along about the Church.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

HVC

Quote from: viper37 on July 26, 2023, 06:22:11 PMSomehow, I thought she died last year.
RIP. :(
She was right all along about the Church.

She picked the wrong pope. People like JP2. Should have waited for the German one.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

HVC

Paul Reubens. Didn't realize peewee was 70 already.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

RIP Mark Margolis (age 83), aka Hector Salamanca in Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. :(
—Stephen Jay Gould