Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Lukasenka has been invited to Peking, he will be visiting next week.

So perhaps China will be selling ammo to Belarus instead of Russia.

I have a bad feeling about this.

Grey Fox

We should be getting ready to cut all food exports to China.

:mad:
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Legbiter

Quote from: Tamas on February 25, 2023, 04:03:28 AMLukasenka has been invited to Peking, he will be visiting next week.

So perhaps China will be selling ammo to Belarus instead of Russia.

I have a bad feeling about this.

Ukraine better make good use of this year.  :hmm:

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 25, 2023, 10:21:05 AMWe should be getting ready to cut all food exports to China.

They own our fields...
They own our farms...
They own our slaughterhouses...
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: viper37 on February 25, 2023, 11:11:08 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on February 25, 2023, 10:21:05 AMWe should be getting ready to cut all food exports to China.

They own our fields...
They own our farms...

unless they're located in China proper that means nothing in a war situation.

viper37

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on February 25, 2023, 11:12:39 AM
Quote from: viper37 on February 25, 2023, 11:11:08 AM

They own our fields...
They own our farms...

unless they're located in China proper that means nothing in a war situation.
But we're not at war with China.

And since we're in a State of law, we can't just nationalize and expropriate these businesses at will, like they would do.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Legbiter

Russians at Vuhledar are at it again. That is a very courageous way to clear a known minefield. :hmm:

https://twitter.com/Tendar/status/1629510008915329024

Legbiter

Admiral Yi

Quote from: viper37 on February 25, 2023, 11:13:33 AMBut we're not at war with China.

And since we're in a State of law, we can't just nationalize and expropriate these businesses at will, like they would do.

Export controls apply to foreign national producing in our country too.

DGuller

Quote from: Legbiter on February 25, 2023, 11:15:26 AMRussians at Vuhledar are at it again. That is a very courageous way to clear a known minefield. :hmm:

https://twitter.com/Tendar/status/1629510008915329024
I wonder about the two BTRs that turned around despite direct orders.  Do Russian execute the BTRs as well, or just the crew inside?

HisMajestyBOB

That would hurt the quarterly profits for too many companies.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

viper37

Canada is exporting 4 more Leopard tanks to Ukraine.
One more shipment like this and Canada will be all out of tanks.

It'll be a good time for Quebec to invade Canada and liberate poutine, our national dish, unfairly appropriated by Canada...

No seriously, it's kinda pitiful to see the state our army has fell into. :(

Grey Fox

Quote from: viper37 on February 25, 2023, 01:26:59 PMCanada is exporting 4 more Leopard tanks to Ukraine.

It'll be a good time for Quebec to invade Canada and liberate poutine, our national dish, unfairly appropriated by Canada...

Still 74 other Tanks.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: viper37 on February 25, 2023, 01:26:59 PMCanada is exporting 4 more Leopard tanks to Ukraine.

At least you have tanks to export.
Belgium was looking to export tanks too, but it doesn't have any as it sold them all (for peanuts too).
Luckily the buyer had them stored (a couple dozen) and is willing to sell them to the government (for a nice mark-up of course!).

In other words: a private citizen had more Leopard 1s than the state. The one positive is that neither party would know how to use them.

viper37

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 25, 2023, 01:45:35 PM

Still 74 other Tanks.
If it's like the F-18, about 30 are in working order and half of them are needed to repair the others ;)