Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Quote from: Legbiter on January 05, 2023, 05:16:36 PMAnd the Americans are sending over Bradleys with the Brits intimating they'll send tanks and therefore break that silly taboo. :hmm: Nice.

Aren't we supposed to be helping?  :hmm:

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on January 05, 2023, 02:03:31 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 05, 2023, 01:44:48 PM
Quote from: Barrister on January 04, 2023, 02:49:23 PMhttps://www.dw.com/en/ukraine-updates-france-to-send-light-tanks/a-64281700

France to send light tanks to Ukraine.

OK, so it sounds like what France is sending aren't really tanks, but more like APCs.

Apparently US (Bradley) and Germany (Marder) are doing the same thing.

Every bit helps...

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1611052287954149377

France is indeed sending (light) armoured fighting vehicles, AMX-10 RCs (roues-canon) with a 105 mm gun. That's no MBT indeed and suited to recon.
However, APCs are also sent: the Bastion (Arquus) APCs made by ACMAT, a subsidiary of Renault Trucks.

I am structurally radical and doctrinally neutral
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Doctrine purist and structure radical types must be some weird people.  :wacko:

Tonitrus

As if there were a D&D alignment of "Lawful Chaotic". :hmm:

celedhring

Quote from: DGuller on January 06, 2023, 12:22:12 AMDoctrine purist and structure radical types must be some weird people.  :wacko:

Yeah, swedes.

Admiral Yi

All boxes work except doctrinal radical + structural neutral and radical.

The Brain

People who claim that Strv103 isn't a tank think that the Mark I tank isn't a tank. Which is silly.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Barrister

Saw a suggestion that the "Christmas truce" was a ruse, that Russians would blow up some Orthodox churches (not sure with or without worshipers) in Donetsk, claim it was Ukraine, as justification for a broader mobilization.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Tamas

Apparently Putin signed a decree a couple of days ago to allow military hospitals to overflow into civilian ones. Either  their military hospitals already can't take the load, or he is indeed planning a big offensive Enemy at the Gates opening scene style.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Barrister on January 06, 2023, 11:52:10 AMSaw a suggestion that the "Christmas truce" was a ruse, that Russians would blow up some Orthodox churches (not sure with or without worshipers) in Donetsk, claim it was Ukraine, as justification for a broader mobilization.
You astound me :o
Let's bomb Russia!

viper37

Quote from: Barrister on January 06, 2023, 11:52:10 AMSaw a suggestion that the "Christmas truce" was a ruse, that Russians would blow up some Orthodox churches (not sure with or without worshipers) in Donetsk, claim it was Ukraine, as justification for a broader mobilization.
A ruse, yes, but blowing up Orthodox churches, I'm dubious.  Even for Putin, it seems way too conspiracy-ish.

More likely is Russia will use this time to consilidate their defense, reorganize their lines and make another push with everything they still have.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Legbiter

Quote from: viper37 on January 06, 2023, 06:06:59 PMMore likely is Russia will use this time to consilidate their defense, reorganize their lines and make another push with everything they still have.

Only works if both sides agree to honor the ceasefire. Probably the only thing that's stopping the Ukrainians from mounting successful local counterattacks is Russian artillery holding them back. Doubt they'll go on a 3-day holiday and not fire a shell. And indeed the Ukrainians are reporting business as usual all along the front. :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Barrister

Quote from: viper37 on January 06, 2023, 06:06:59 PM
A ruse, yes, but blowing up Orthodox churches, I'm dubious.  Even for Putin, it seems way too conspiracy-ish.

More likely is Russia will use this time to consilidate their defense, reorganize their lines and make another push with everything they still have.

Have you not heard the widely-shared view that the FSB and Putin (who was Prime Minister at the time) orchestrated the 1999 apartment bombings that were attributed to Chechen separatists, which thus setoff the second Chechen war?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_apartment_bombings#Russian_government_involvement_theory
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

DGuller

The conspiracy theory regarding the 1999 apartment building bombings was popular some time ago, but I think it died off along with most of its high profile proponents.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.