News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josephus

Actually the interesting thing about the genders thing, is he may be playing to the Trumpists in the USA. If he can get a significant number of Americans on his side, he may not have to worry about a war with USA.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Legbiter

Seems the US is already countering the conscript meat the Russians will deploy.

QuoteUkraine received new rockets for HIMARS/M270- here we can see a pod of M30A1 guided rockets.
M30A1 differs from previously seen M31A1/A2 by an alternative warhead with 182000 preformed spheroid steel/tungsten fragments and is designed to be used against soft targets.

https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1575843498217144321

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josephus on September 30, 2022, 09:36:32 AM
Quote from: Tamas on September 30, 2022, 07:51:11 AMNow are on to defending children from being introduced additional genders.

well, that's worth a nuclear war.

That part of the speech was written by Tucker

DGuller

Tucker's speeches are written by Putin, or rather his speech writer, not the other way around.

Legbiter

Quote from: Josephus on September 30, 2022, 09:38:21 AMActually the interesting thing about the genders thing, is he may be playing to the Trumpists in the USA. If he can get a significant number of Americans on his side, he may not have to worry about a war with USA.

What is grimly funny is that on every metric you'd care to examine, divorce rate, abortion, family fertility, child poverty, inequality, etc you'd conclude that Russia is literally the Antichrist compared to the West...
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

OttoVonBismarck

Russia is literally the Antichrist compared to the West, it is a long running hell hole.

DGuller

If this situation does end with total nuclear war, I wonder if historians will re-evaluate WW2 in light of that (assuming historians or other kinds of humans would still exist).  The Nazis were bad, but in hindsight the Soviets would turn out to be much worse for humanity.

Tonitrus

So apparently Putin thinks we're the Great Satan now.  Iranian influence ops have been working to well.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: DGuller on September 30, 2022, 11:24:09 AMIf this situation does end with total nuclear war, I wonder if historians will re-evaluate WW2 in light of that (assuming historians or other kinds of humans would still exist).  The Nazis were bad, but in hindsight the Soviets would turn out to be much worse for humanity.

I'm not much worried about historians after the nuclear apocalypse.

viper37

Quote from: grumbler on September 29, 2022, 10:32:15 PM
Quote from: viper37 on September 29, 2022, 10:01:14 PMthey regularly blow up pipelines that create ecological disasters.  And animal rights activists regularly cruelly slaughter animals to prove their point about animal suffering.  Contradictions isn't really an alibi...  Means, however... 

:huh:  :tinfoil:
right, because slaughtering a duck by repeatedly hitting it to a pillar while your friend is filming it to simulate cruel and inhumane behavior at a slaughterhouse is totally acceptable.

Just as is repeatedly hooking a seal to maintain him on the ice while he bleeds to death for an hour while you film your documentary denouncing the cruelty of seal hunting is a justifiable act.  All for a good cause, after all.

And never, ever has any eco-terrorist blow up a pipeline.  Never.  Oil companies blow them up themselves to accuse to peaceful protesters of mischievous acts.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

alfred russel

Quote from: OttoVonBismarck on September 30, 2022, 11:37:55 AM
Quote from: DGuller on September 30, 2022, 11:24:09 AMIf this situation does end with total nuclear war, I wonder if historians will re-evaluate WW2 in light of that (assuming historians or other kinds of humans would still exist).  The Nazis were bad, but in hindsight the Soviets would turn out to be much worse for humanity.

I'm not much worried about historians after the nuclear apocalypse.

Perhaps it might be better, DGuller, if you were more concerned with the American People than with our image in the history books.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Jacob

Putin made a rousing Nazi speech to an unenthusiastic audience. I don't see why we suddenly need to crumble in fear.

What's he going to do next? Make another mean speech?

He's going to use nukes? THIS time he means it, compared to the other fifty times he's smarmily threatened the world with nuclear war?

Empty bluster. Stay the course.

Razgovory

I totally reject viper's premise that the pipeline was destroyed by hitting a duck.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Josquius

:unsure:
Surely it's the collapse of the Soviet union that led to this?
The world came close numerous times when the Soviets were around... But ultimately was too sensible for nuclear war.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on September 30, 2022, 11:56:20 AM
Quote from: grumbler on September 29, 2022, 10:32:15 PM
Quote from: viper37 on September 29, 2022, 10:01:14 PMthey regularly blow up pipelines that create ecological disasters.  And animal rights activists regularly cruelly slaughter animals to prove their point about animal suffering.  Contradictions isn't really an alibi...  Means, however... 

:huh:  :tinfoil:
right, because slaughtering a duck by repeatedly hitting it to a pillar while your friend is filming it to simulate cruel and inhumane behavior at a slaughterhouse is totally acceptable.

Just as is repeatedly hooking a seal to maintain him on the ice while he bleeds to death for an hour while you film your documentary denouncing the cruelty of seal hunting is a justifiable act.  All for a good cause, after all.

And never, ever has any eco-terrorist blow up a pipeline.  Never.  Oil companies blow them up themselves to accuse to peaceful protesters of mischievous acts.

It was sure convenient for Russia for eco-terrorists to blow up the pipeline just in time for Putin to use it in his propaganda speech.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."