News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Threviel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 28, 2022, 06:39:03 AM
Quote from: Josquius on April 28, 2022, 02:47:13 AMA browse down that twitter thread I see the idea that it was a symbolic gesture, knowing it was due to pass, that not enough is being done?

Though seems politically unwise...

That's what I figure, a "Sense of the House" bill, not actual legislation.

@Threviel: your link shows both Democrats and Republicans.  For example AOC is D NY because she is a Democrat from New York.

I understood that, I assumed that those were the 8 that voted against. The republicans are traitorous and there are of course also idiot democrats, that is known, but AOC surprised me.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Threviel on April 28, 2022, 06:46:31 AMI understood that, I assumed that those were the 8 that voted against. The republicans are traitorous and there are of course also idiot democrats, that is known, but AOC surprised me.

Well, there is the issue of probable illegaility, as Eddy mentioned.  You can't just confiscate the property of people you don't like.

The real question to me is why is it only the kooks voting against it.

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on April 28, 2022, 06:03:09 AM
Quote from: Tamas on April 28, 2022, 06:01:10 AMAre we in a position yet to declare the Great Eastern Offensive stalled?

Has it started?

They captured, like, 3 villages these past few days.

Threviel

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 28, 2022, 07:17:51 AMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZSzs53xmSY

Germany is the bad guy.

Reminds me about something I heard the other day. Apparently there's a Finnish word, pussy mad directly translated, meaning that you are going around enraged all the time.

Some scientists in Finland studied the cause of it and apparently the most common cause was rage against fellow humans. Fellow stupid humans.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on April 28, 2022, 06:07:05 AMEdit: Really interesting thread on press conference in Bulgaria aftr Russia announced they were cutting off their gas supply:
https://twitter.com/SomniNaut/status/1519317573178904576

Historically Bulgaria has always been one of the most pro-Russian countries in the rest of Europe. So another great strategic outcome for Putin there.

We have been through this before, Bulgaria has always the pro-russian card for his own interests, from the Balkan Wars on.
Putin seems to have missed it, as you imply.  :P

celedhring

Josquius

Still waiting for a politician to get snarky with Putin and say "we totally agree that interference in Ukraine is bad Vladimir."
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Quote from: Tamas on April 28, 2022, 07:31:29 AM
Quote from: The Brain on April 28, 2022, 06:03:09 AM
Quote from: Tamas on April 28, 2022, 06:01:10 AMAre we in a position yet to declare the Great Eastern Offensive stalled?

Has it started?

They captured, like, 3 villages these past few days.

Wikipedia puts the Ukrainian villages figure at over 28 000. Ukrainians name every damn fork in a road something.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Legbiter

Quote from: Tamas on April 28, 2022, 07:31:29 AMThey captured, like, 3 villages these past few days.

One possibility is that the Russians switch gears and announce some form of general mobilization on May 9th. The problem for the Russians is that they seriously lack infantry manpower. But they are starting to learn it seems to not shove tanks and mechanized infantry vehicles forward without any infantry support. Not saying general Dvornikov has 10.000 hours in HOIIV or anything but they are starting get an inkling about this whole combined arms thing. It did require the Ukrainians chewing through much of their peacetime military to get there though.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

OttoVonBismarck

One of the former Generals I follow basically said given the standard war doctrine need of a 3:1 ratio to sustain a major offensive over an enemy, that Russia basically doesn't have the logistical organization to make that a possibility even if they had the trained men ready to go (which they don't really.) His take was this means Russia has no realistic chance of a dramatic major offensive, and will be left with having to "grind it out" slowly.

Legbiter

Yeah they'll use the summer months to try and take as much territory as they can would be my guess. But the Ukrainians know this and will definitely look to go on the offensive themselves. At least kick out the Kharkiv axis. 
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

celedhring

Biden is gonna request 33 billion in aid to congress, half of it military support.

That's... a lot (for reference Ukraine's defence budget was 6 bill).

Josquius

Quote from: celedhring on April 28, 2022, 11:07:21 AMBiden is gonna request 33 billion in aid to congress, half of it military support.

That's... a lot (for reference Ukraine's defence budget was 6 bill).

How does 33 billion American concert to Ukranian?
6 billion Ukranian gets you 6 billion worth of stuff.
33 billion American, factoring in the profits and waste...
:p
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Did Ukraine used to buy its weapons only from nonprofits?  :lol: