Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 10, 2022, 11:43:01 AMPlus maybe going beyond polite refined fact checking and start calling out Carlson and the like for the fucking traitors they are.

I've gotten used to their disinformation machine being abused to screw around with tax policy and sabotage Democrats but carrying water for Putin's clique while he is mass murdering his way through Ukraine is going too far.

As I've been saying for years: Murdoch is a cancer.

I wonder if any NSA / CIA / other national security types are motivated / empowered to investigate to what degree Fox has been suborned by hostile foreign interests.

FunkMonk

I wonder, because Trump got his Twitter account axed, would Twitter actually ban Russian government accounts for spreading conspiracy theories and generally being asses?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Sheilbh

Quote from: FunkMonk on March 10, 2022, 12:59:29 PMI wonder, because Trump got his Twitter account axed, would Twitter actually ban Russian government accounts for spreading conspiracy theories and generally being asses?
They've removed a tweet from the Russian embassy in the UK today - basically saying the pregnant woman in that picture from Mariupol was an actor, it was staged and the Azov Battalion had cleared and taken over the maternity hospital days ago.

But not actually removed/dealt with the account.
Let's bomb Russia!

crazy canuck

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 10, 2022, 01:07:05 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on March 10, 2022, 12:59:29 PMI wonder, because Trump got his Twitter account axed, would Twitter actually ban Russian government accounts for spreading conspiracy theories and generally being asses?
They've removed a tweet from the Russian embassy in the UK today - basically saying the pregnant woman in that picture from Mariupol was an actor, it was staged and the Azov Battalion had cleared and taken over the maternity hospital days ago.

But not actually removed/dealt with the account.

It took them years to remove Trump's misinformation account. 

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

:shutup:

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 10, 2022, 01:11:23 PMIt took them years to remove Trump's misinformation account. 

That was... complicated.

PDH

Watching how that armor column piled up into a chokepoint to be hit at the head then the tail which made advance and retreat a far slower deal...the Russian "change is tactics" is to try the same thing as earlier but with more stupid.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on March 10, 2022, 11:06:41 AMTrump, asked for a podcast how he thinks the war will play out ... talks about windmills being shit.

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1501733405423251456?s=20&t=Iyyx9nPDaJM-_2F-Xus2nA

His brain rot must be terrible.

No, he's just cowardly.  Answering the question would put him position of possibly being wrong.  He can't take that.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Sheilbh

On inane cultural nonsense - as well as the Cardiff Philharmonic cancelling their Tchaikovsky programme (:huh:), I see the Montreal Symphony Orchestra has called off a concert by a young Russian pianist who has repeatedly spoken out against the war :blink: It just seems very bizarre.
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: Sheilbh on March 10, 2022, 01:39:12 PMOn inane cultural nonsense - as well as the Cardiff Philharmonic cancelling their Tchaikovsky programme (:huh:), I see the Montreal Symphony Orchestra has called off a concert by a young Russian pianist who has repeatedly spoken out against the war :blink: It just seems very bizarre.

Both of these are nasty idiocies especially the second one.

EDIT: on second thought not focusing on a Russian composer for a bit is probably wise to avoid looking like you have a political meesage, and it is  perhaps better for the pianist kid to be left out of all this. Still feels wrong though.

The Brain

*shrug* Russia's brand is toxic. Which is hardly surprising.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Admiral Yi

I've seen shitloads of blown up Russian equipment taped on camera phones, and I've seen quite a few Russian POWs saying how sorry they are.

Why is Russia not publishing equivalents?  Surely they've knocked out *some* Ukrainian gear.

Or does that work against the propaganda narrative that it's a bloodless special operation to liberate Ukrainians from the nazi junta?

Grey Fox

@The Brits, not Yi.

Londongrad works deeply.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

alfred russel

Quote from: The Brain on March 10, 2022, 01:44:51 PM*shrug* Russia's brand is toxic. Which is hardly surprising.

so it is cool to discriminate against people if their nation of origin does something stupid?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014