Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-23 and Invasion

Started by mongers, August 06, 2014, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: grumbler on March 09, 2022, 10:37:18 PMPutin has to know that a Jewish Nazi is an oxymoron.  The Azov regiment is a band of scumbags, but Putin has his own Chechen gang of scumbags, so the existence of a Ukrainian equivalent can't be what is setting him off, if he is rational.
A more direct equivalent is the Wagner Group, whose leader is an actual neo-Nazi:

Zanza

At gas stations on the Autobahn, a gallon of fuel is now more than $10. Thanks, Putin. :ultra:

Syt

Who's gonna tell them that biological lab != researching offensive bio weapons?

Interesting, though, how they adopt the Kremlin line on this.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Josquius

I have it on good authority that Ukraine is in league with a cabal of secret vampires to blot out the sun.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Here's how TASS reports it. I love how the article closes, saying that while there was a network of 30(!!) labs, all the evidence was destroyed. "It totally happened and we have these totally trustworthy documents about it ... why there is no evidence? Because they removed ALL OF IT!" :lol:
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Brain

My God Russia's propaganda game is weak.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

The Brain

Quote from: DGuller on March 10, 2022, 12:06:48 AM
Quote from: grumbler on March 09, 2022, 10:37:18 PMPutin has to know that a Jewish Nazi is an oxymoron.  The Azov regiment is a band of scumbags, but Putin has his own Chechen gang of scumbags, so the existence of a Ukrainian equivalent can't be what is setting him off, if he is rational.
A more direct equivalent is the Wagner Group, whose leader is an actual neo-Nazi:

Yikes. Is that from his Tinder profile?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Syt

He's no Nazi or SS sympathizer, he probably just loves the cool look of their units' white on black counters. :P
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Quote from: Syt on March 10, 2022, 04:20:55 AM

He's no Nazi or SS sympathizer, he probably just loves the cool look of their units' white on black counters. :P

Years ago a party at a home was busted by police in Hungary after somebody reported they had a massive SS sign hanging from their balcony. Their excuse was, it was "44" in lightning bolt signs because they were celebrating the 44th birthday of an electrician.  :lol:  To little surprise some of those people got into some other nazi shenanigan a bit later.

Syt

Like the Austrian guy who on the gate in his garden fence had the inscription: "Arbeit macht frei!"

He argued that as a self employed tradesman that was his life motto, and he had NO IDEA that it had a connection to concentration camps. :rolleyes:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tamas

Syt

Quote from: Tamas on March 10, 2022, 05:35:06 AMThis is fine: https://twitter.com/i/status/1501676038090379267

Not terribly surprised. The Guardian in 2008: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/jul/24/russia

QuoteWelcome to Putin's summer camp ...

Nashi, the Kremlin's youth organisation, holds a lakeside get-together each year for its followers. Its official mission is to fight fascism. So what do mass weddings, rabbit T-shirts and the Benny Hill theme tune have to do with it all? Luke Harding reports
—Stephen Jay Gould

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Tamas on March 10, 2022, 05:35:06 AMThis is fine: https://twitter.com/i/status/1501676038090379267

The rule is simple; every nasty thing that Putin accuses Zelensky and Ukraine of being he is actually talking about himself and Russia.

Tamas

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on March 10, 2022, 05:43:17 AM

The rule is simple; every nasty thing that Putin accuses Zelensky and Ukraine of being he is actually talking about himself and Russia.

Indeed, that's a simple and very correct rule which has also been applicable to Orban and his goons in Hungary. If they are doing or planning to do something, they accuse the opposition with the same thing. Works pretty well to be honest.