Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

Quote from: Josquius on November 10, 2022, 09:55:36 AMYes! 
They should most definitely do this.
I hope many more Texans think the same way.

They're in Missouri at the moment.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

alfred russel

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Grey Fox

Did something more than elect a Democrat senator happen in Pen?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 10, 2022, 01:43:39 PMDid something more than elect a Democrat senator happen in Pen?

Also a Dem governor.

But it's more who was beaten in the Senate race: Dr. Oz.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

A Snake Oil vendor was that popular in MAGA cycles. Damn.

Barrister

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 10, 2022, 01:57:15 PMA Snake Oil vendor was that popular in MAGA cycles. Damn.

This surprises you?
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

grumbler

Quote from: Grey Fox on November 10, 2022, 01:43:39 PMDid something more than elect a Democrat senator happen in Pen?

Democrats won the Senate seat, governor's mansion, all the competitive congressional districts, and may have retaken the statehouse.  A NYT reporter on The Daily noted that the democrats did much better than expected in states where democracy or abortion were on the ballot (Michigan had a positive Blue Wave, flipping both chambers to the democrats).  Republicans did better elsewhere.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: grumbler on November 10, 2022, 04:35:55 PM

Democrats won the Senate seat, governor's mansion, all the competitive congressional districts, and may have retaken the statehouse.  A NYT reporter on The Daily noted that the democrats did much better than expected in states where democracy or abortion were on the ballot (Michigan had a positive Blue Wave, flipping both chambers to the democrats).  Republicans did better elsewhere.
You mean the DEMONcrats fixed all the races.  Talk like that started the second the polls opened.
PDH!

Syt

One perceived ill of the modern world my two oldest sisters (the oldest being 61, the other 59) that they will keep ranting against are saggy pants.

Question: is the saggy look still a thing? I thought it had died out like 10 or 15 years ago?
—Stephen Jay Gould

The Larch

Saggy pants = Rappers/gangstas = Blacks

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on November 13, 2022, 11:57:18 AMOne perceived ill of the modern world my two oldest sisters (the oldest being 61, the other 59) that they will keep ranting against are saggy pants.

Question: is the saggy look still a thing? I thought it had died out like 10 or 15 years ago?

I hear its back. Teh yoof regard skinny jeans as a lame outdated millennial thing.
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

PDH

Why are we supposed to wear our jeans like gay cowboys?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Tonitrus

Because 60 year old women are attracted to gay cowboys.