News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Victoria 3

Started by Syt, May 21, 2021, 01:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on October 25, 2022, 01:54:54 PMJust curious is there a straightforward way to transfer in a EU4 save and transfer out a HOI4 save or is that something Paradox no longer even attempts to do?

You gotta rely on the fan made ones. They were always better than the pdox ones anyway.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on October 25, 2022, 01:54:54 PMJust curious is there a straightforward way to transfer in a EU4 save and transfer out a HOI4 save or is that something Paradox no longer even attempts to do?

Gosh I remember the one time I tried that - took a CK1 save and imported into EU2.  What a disaster!

My stable and prosperous (in CK1) Kingdom of Jerusalem collapsed within months once in EU2.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

This is a game I very much wish to play.

But this is also a game that I know that by the time I'm actually able to sit down and lay video games for a bit, it will be 9:30 to 10:00pm and I won't have anywhere near enough mental energy to follow along.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on October 25, 2022, 01:57:21 PM

Gosh I remember the one time I tried that - took a CK1 save and imported into EU2.  What a disaster!

My stable and prosperous (in CK1) Kingdom of Jerusalem collapsed within months once in EU2.

Yeah every time I transferred a CK2 save into EU4 there would immediately be an economic and political crisis since the rule sets of both games were so different. But that was part of the fun  :lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on October 25, 2022, 01:58:14 PMThis is a game I very much wish to play.

But this is also a game that I know that by the time I'm actually able to sit down and lay video games for a bit, it will be 9:30 to 10:00pm and I won't have anywhere near enough mental energy to follow along.

Yeah. I will mostly be playing this vicariously through David.

Unfortunately he is a Prussophile. I did fail in parenting in some ways.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zanza

I played for an hour or so. No idea what I had to do as it was information iverload. Let's see, will take quite a while to understand. 

Barrister

Huh - "Canada" is playable in 1836 as a British Dominion?

Sounds rather ahistoric as we weren't a Dominion until 1867, but could be an interesting starting game.

Valmy

Yeah I don't like that decision at all. Canada should just be a British colony until made a Dominion.

But I haven't played it yet. Maybe it makes sense.

But Canada didn't even exist as a Colony until 1840. It should be Upper Canada and Lower Canada. So how does that work?

Josephus

Quote from: Zanza on October 25, 2022, 02:27:50 PMI played for an hour or so. No idea what I had to do as it was information iverload. Let's see, will take quite a while to understand. 

Yeah, that's the way I felt.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on October 25, 2022, 02:46:09 PMHuh - "Canada" is playable in 1836 as a British Dominion?

Sounds rather ahistoric as we weren't a Dominion until 1867, but could be an interesting starting game.

Yeah, it's called Hudson Bay Company. Quill18 is playing this on Youtube.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Quote from: Josephus on October 25, 2022, 02:52:11 PM
Quote from: Barrister on October 25, 2022, 02:46:09 PMHuh - "Canada" is playable in 1836 as a British Dominion?

Oh ok. That makes sense. I presume the non-Hudson Bay Company territories are British Colonies then?

Josephus

Quote from: Valmy on October 25, 2022, 02:54:17 PM
Quote from: Josephus on October 25, 2022, 02:52:11 PM

Oh ok. That makes sense. I presume the non-Hudson Bay Company territories are British Colonies then?

Not sure. I know you can incorporate Upper and Lower canadas into HBC. Not sure if you become Canada at that point.
Civis Romanus Sum

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on October 25, 2022, 02:50:44 PMYeah I don't like that decision at all. Canada should just be a British colony until made a Dominion.

But Canada didn't even exist as a Colony until 1840. It should be Upper Canada and Lower Canada. So how does that work?

All I know is from the one review someone posted - it sounds like it's done as a simplification in order to make running Britain easier, although it is a pretty substantial simplification.

FunkMonk

My first game will be Russia so not knowing what I'm doing and screwing up my economy and political structure will be historically accurate.

Also, thank you Paradox for putting this on GFN. I can play this sitting at the kitchen table on my garbage laptop while my wife watches British shows about sewing.
 :cheers:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on October 25, 2022, 03:23:53 PM
Quote from: Valmy on October 25, 2022, 02:50:44 PMYeah I don't like that decision at all. Canada should just be a British colony until made a Dominion.

All I know is from the one review someone posted - it sounds like it's done as a simplification in order to make running Britain easier, although it is a pretty substantial simplification.

So from what I've seen, Upper Canada and Lower Canada both exist separately as colonies. Then you have the Hudson Bay Company which incorporates, north Ontario, north Quebec, and Manitoba. There si also Columbia District. There exists an event, which depending on meeting requirments, will allow them to merge together as one. So at start, if you play "Canada", you need to decide which "Canada" you want to play as.

EDIT: So Upper Canada, Lower Canada and Columbia are Crown Colonies. HBC is a chartered company. Not sure what this means in game terms.
Civis Romanus Sum