News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

What did you play in 2022?

Started by Syt, December 03, 2022, 11:51:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Quote from: FunkMonk on December 03, 2022, 05:18:55 PMPlayed a lot of ARPGs... Path, Diablo, Grim Dawn, Last Epoch. All variations on a theme. Will always have a couple of these on my hard drive.

I keep trying Grim Dawn once a year or so (including this year), but I always tire of it so very quickly. Even when I go into it with a mindset of playing it more like a "normal" ARPG (as opposed to the PoE screen explosion clickfest) and paying attention to lore, mechanics etc., it just never clicks for me. :D
If we want to prevent catastrophic economic and societal change we will have to radically change our climate system.

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

frunk

Quote from: Syt on December 05, 2022, 07:45:05 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on December 03, 2022, 05:18:55 PMPlayed a lot of ARPGs... Path, Diablo, Grim Dawn, Last Epoch. All variations on a theme. Will always have a couple of these on my hard drive.

I keep trying Grim Dawn once a year or so (including this year), but I always tire of it so very quickly. Even when I go into it with a mindset of playing it more like a "normal" ARPG (as opposed to the PoE screen explosion clickfest) and paying attention to lore, mechanics etc., it just never clicks for me. :D

The problem for me on Grim Dawn is how much junk I have collected from previous plays, and the difficulty of sorting through it.  Each time I play I think "I have a character that has the perfect item for this new character.  Can I remember who it was?", then I shuffle through a couple dozen characters with only a 50/50 shot of finding it.  I think it would really benefit from the seasons structure that other ARPGs adopt.  For a while I even played hardcore just so my inventory/character base would be pruned.

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on December 05, 2022, 07:43:22 AM
Quote from: Josquius on December 05, 2022, 05:55:50 AMHades EXCELLENT. One of the best things ever.
Bastion Meh.

Do you think you would have liked Bastion better if you had played it first when it came out? I agree Hades is a much better game, but the basics (outside story) feel like a very refined version of Bastion to me. Though the narrator in Bastion was fun.

Alternatively it might have put me off ever trying Hades.
Bastion...I think I would have liked it 20+ years ago but when it came out...it just feels so clunky, even for that time.
Yes, the narrator is good.
██████
██████
██████

Crazy_Ivan80

Rimworld: it is just so very, very good.
Victoria 3: dabbled in it a bit, waiting for the patch
Crusader Kings 3: Deus Vult!
Old World: Now this is a combat focused Civ game. Enjoyable, but the city-rush is not that convincing.
Wing Commander: What's there to say.
X-Wing Alliance - Tie Fighter remake: Sweet, but I'm not as fast as I used to be.
X-Com: 95% and still missing that shot to the face!
Xenonauts: Old school x-com
Bannerlords: enjoyable but it makes my PC run a bit hot
Songs of Syx: Citybuild with massive armies
Halo: Let's finish the fight.
Hearts of Iron 4: Let's play Germany again cause I'm scared of all the other countries.
Doom: Don't play when dark
Halcyon 6: enjoyable little gem.
Battle Brothers: A very enjoyable big gem. A must play.
Factorio: melts my brain.
Space Haven: still needs a lot of work, could be something
Per Aspera: I enjoyed that one for the story and the logistics
Ace Combat 7: Buy cheap! Fun enough.
Anno 1800: Enjoyable citybuilder and logistics simulator. Combat is anno. Looks so nice
Dyson Sphere Program: Factorio, but 3D and using an entire cluster of stars. Still a work in progress, but already melts my brain. Damn good.
Lord of the Rings Online: Lifetime subscription...
Nebuchadnezzar: Caesar 3 but in Mesopotamia, still work in progress
Odd Realm: mhh
Phoenix Point: Better than I expected, buy cheap but worth your time
Project Wingman: Surprise hit!
Star Wars Squadrons: Looks good, no X-wing though
Battlefield 3 & 4: Had some fun multiplayer there
Titanfall 2: The steam reviews are not wrong! Short but good single play, buy on sale!
Wildermyth: interesting concept
Battletech: for all your stomping needs

FunkMonk

Quote from: frunk on December 05, 2022, 09:38:56 AM
Quote from: Syt on December 05, 2022, 07:45:05 AM

The problem for me on Grim Dawn is how much junk I have collected from previous plays, and the difficulty of sorting through it.  Each time I play I think "I have a character that has the perfect item for this new character.  Can I remember who it was?", then I shuffle through a couple dozen characters with only a 50/50 shot of finding it.  I think it would really benefit from the seasons structure that other ARPGs adopt.  For a while I even played hardcore just so my inventory/character base would be pruned.

There is a league or seasons mod for Grim Dawn that I was playing recently. Not a huge community, maybe a few hundred people.

https://www.grimleague.com/#/
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.