News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The NEW New Boardgames Thread

Started by CountDeMoney, April 21, 2011, 09:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

:lol:

First off, welcome back. You make this place way more interesting.

Well I guess IRT above.

However, I'm waiting to see what shitting game Ty Bomba will come out on Ukraine :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on March 16, 2022, 07:06:39 PMHowever, I'm waiting to see what shitting game Ty Bomba will come out on Ukraine :lol:

Putin's Folly/Gamble/Quagmire/Dilemma/Gambit/SNAFU

The Minsky Moment

"Mud, Lies and Twitter Feeds" ?
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Tamas

Spotted a UK shrinkwrapped copy of Successors 4th Edition on the Geek, scooped it up. I will solitaire it so I can stare at the components.

Habbaku

It's a good game...

Definitely something worthy of a Languish 4-player PBEM...
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

bogh

Quote from: Habbaku on March 21, 2022, 10:08:44 AMIt's a good game...

I am intrigued. A guy in my boardgame circle has procured this and is raving about it, but I haven't had a chance to try it. Does it work well for PBEM? If so, I'd be happy to join as the resident noob...

Tamas

I would be up for it.

I am currently plying the prologue game called "let's hope this time the courier will attempt to use the intercom or call me before giving up"

mongers

Quote from: Tamas on March 23, 2022, 04:53:50 AMI would be up for it.

I am currently plying the prologue game called "let's hope this time the courier will attempt to use the intercom or call me before giving up"

:lol:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

I have received it. I know this because I bothered to check on the tracking page. It was left in the stairwell at the entrance to our building, without even an attempt to let me know. Thank you UPS.

Habbaku

Quote from: bogh on March 23, 2022, 03:06:22 AM
Quote from: Habbaku on March 21, 2022, 10:08:44 AMIt's a good game...

I am intrigued. A guy in my boardgame circle has procured this and is raving about it, but I haven't had a chance to try it. Does it work well for PBEM? If so, I'd be happy to join as the resident noob...

It does, yes. Most turns won't see other players have a need to interfere, and the opportunities for reasonable interception/avoid battle will typically be obvious. In those instances, it's regular etiquette to roll for a relevant interception/avoid battle and just backpedal if the other player has an appropriate response card. In the event of a battle, you just create a file and pass it to the defender to allow for play of relevant combat cards.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

Quote from: Berkut on March 23, 2022, 10:16:13 AMWell I am in, of course.

Find us a 4th ed. Vassal module and you're in!

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

That does make it more difficult for you to join.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Tamas