News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Off the Record / Re: Football (Soccer) Thread
Last post by Sheilbh - Today at 04:15:14 AM
I feel like football is basically exempt from all sorts of laws (maybe only tacitly though). I don't know how the 4/5 year contracts work in employment law, for example, or how leagues aren't cartels.
Off the Record / Re: Russo-Ukrainian War 2014-1...
Last post by Tamas - Today at 03:44:16 AM
Quote from: Zoupa on August 10, 2022, 11:05:09 PMApparently 8 explosions on a Belarusian airfield used by russki bombers, 40 km from the Ukrainian border. Yikes.

:yeah:
Last post by celedhring - Today at 03:09:33 AM
I remember when our gender gap law came out an expert said it couldn't be applied to sports since men's and women's leagues had separate collective agreements - which regulate pay scale -, even though in some cases the employer (i.e. a football club) was the same, and the job performed (playing football) was the same.

Essentially our current law (which is derived from EU law so I assume it will be similar in the rest of Europe), guarantees equal pay within members of the same collective agreement.

Let me quickly add that my knowledge on labor regulations is pitiful.
Off the Record / Re: Facebook Follies of Friend...
Last post by garbon - Today at 02:54:20 AM
Always feels a bit weird for Trump fans to blast Biden for senility. Have they seen their guy?
Off the Record / Re: Facebook Follies of Friend...
Last post by Syt - Today at 02:45:23 AM
Last post by Gups - Today at 02:38:19 AM
No. There couldn't.
Last post by Admiral Yi - August 10, 2022, 11:52:05 PM
Weee!
Last post by Zoupa - August 10, 2022, 11:05:09 PM
Apparently 8 explosions on a Belarusian airfield used by russki bombers, 40 km from the Ukrainian border. Yikes.
Last post by DGuller - August 10, 2022, 10:54:47 PM
The whole idea never made sense to me, so I always assumed it was just a gesture.  It's not like Syrians have plenty of manpower to spare, I would think, and there is plenty of murdering and raping that they can do at home.
Last post by Admiral Yi - August 10, 2022, 10:15:15 PM
Has anyone heard anything about bashi bazouks fighting (or raping)?  I have not.  Maybe the recruitment didn't pan out.