News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Israel-Hamas War 2023

Started by Zanza, October 07, 2023, 04:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on October 30, 2023, 04:08:31 PMWhat's also striking, in addition to all the other striking things already mentioned, is the dehumanizing bigotry of low expectations.  Just like you can't be mad at lions for killing the cubs of the female they want to fuck, because that's what lions do, you can't expect some people to abstain from putting babies in the oven if they get a chance.  That's just what they do.  Now, Israelis, those cunts, they are to be held to human standards of behavior.
Yeah, but have you heard what the Israeli far right said?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Threviel

Yeah, it's very difficult to not want to shake anyone talking about this like it's a morally equal situation.

On the one hand you have some guys that's committed some of the most horrendous war crimes in human history, topping the Nazis and the Commies for cruelty, if not scale. On the other a flawed democracy.

In that situation to go "Well, you see, the democracy did some bad stuff, so going bronze age on their asses is not strange in the least, poor poor aggressors. It's actually understandable. The democracy can strike back harder, poor poor poor aggressors, it's so unfair."

It just baffles me that otherwise normally functioning adults with a normal view can be so fucking dense.

Threviel

One other thought is the extreme racism. Hamas is one of the most despicable governments in the world, they do far more damage to their own people than they'll ever do to Israel.

To not want them to be overthrown, especially now that there's a political will to do it, is just weird. It's so much more important to fuck Israel than to get better government for the Palestinians.

The extreme racism on the left, to just not care about the Palestinians except in the context of fucking over Israel is striking. Minsky was on to something when he brought up the Uighurs. The left doesn't care about oppressed muslims in horrible conditions, they only seem to care about Israel.

If they had any brains they would be out in the 100s of thousands protesting Hamas...

Sheilbh

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on October 30, 2023, 09:42:02 AMI'm also curious where all the pro-Uighur demonstators are?  Where are the vigilantes harassing incoming flights from Beijing? The Uighur population in Xinjiang is more than twice the Palestinian population and the brutality of the oppression would embarrass the most hard right Israeli hardline.  Yet the only ones who seem to be really outraged about it are conservative China hawks.
One other thing I find grim at the minute (just saw another example) is the number of videos and photos purporting to be from Gaza are actually from Syria. Often being shared by people who have not given a fuck about Syria (and some were borderline pro-Assad).
Let's bomb Russia!

Jacob

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 30, 2023, 04:27:24 PMOne other thing I find grim at the minute (just saw another example) is the number of videos and photos purporting to be from Gaza are actually from Syria. Often being shared by people who have not given a fuck about Syria (and some were borderline pro-Assad).

Yeah that's pretty shitty.

Relatedly, I didn't realize this until recently but apparently the Chinese government is going all in on antisemitism at the moment (not just "anti-zionism").

It's pretty clear that this has become a welcome vector of attack for the "anti-imperialist" coalition of China, Russia, and friends.

FunkMonk

There should have been worldwide protests attended by hundreds of thousands of people that condemned the Hamas attacks and called for Hamas to renounce terrorism and acknowledge Israel's right to exist. The fact that didn't happen is disturbing to me.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: FunkMonk on October 30, 2023, 04:55:03 PMThere should have been worldwide protests attended by hundreds of thousands of people that condemned the Hamas attacks and called for Hamas to renounce terrorism and acknowledge Israel's right to exist. The fact that didn't happen is disturbing to me.

Why are people surprised by the results of Islamic mass migration into western countries? People generally don't change their worldview upon crossing the border into non-shitty countries.

As for the far left co-travellers: they've been traitors since at least molotov-ribbentrop.

Sucks for the people who did make the effort, but that's how the world is.

viper37

Quote from: Legbiter on October 30, 2023, 05:16:00 AMDecolonization means shoving 3 year olds into Israeli household ovens while the mother watches.
You guys have a weird view of the world.
Fortunately, Shin Bet does not share your views.

But I suppose this is normal, expected behavior, and any opposition is the equivalent of shoving 3 years old into Israeli household ovens while the mother watches.  Colonization and settlers violence, it's all a myth.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Threviel on October 30, 2023, 04:22:19 PMthey do far more damage to their own people than they'll ever do to Israel.
Why do you think Netanyahu was so happy to turn a blind eye to their activities?  Israel has been propping them since their foundation.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on October 30, 2023, 04:11:00 PM
Quote from: DGuller on October 30, 2023, 04:08:31 PMWhat's also striking, in addition to all the other striking things already mentioned, is the dehumanizing bigotry of low expectations.  Just like you can't be mad at lions for killing the cubs of the female they want to fuck, because that's what lions do, you can't expect some people to abstain from putting babies in the oven if they get a chance.  That's just what they do.  Now, Israelis, those cunts, they are to be held to human standards of behavior.
Yeah, but have you heard what the Israeli far right said?
I think they're on the same levels.  Both want to exterminate each other.  Unless you can somehow convince me the far right does not want the Palestinian's extermination?  You might have a better chance at convincing me the Nazis were the good guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWvpvlT9pJU

Razgovory

You totally missed the point.  I was comparing what someone did to something someone said.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on October 30, 2023, 05:34:41 PM
Quote from: Legbiter on October 30, 2023, 05:16:00 AMDecolonization means shoving 3 year olds into Israeli household ovens while the mother watches.
You guys have a weird view of the world.
Fortunately, Shin Bet does not share your views.
But I suppose this is normal, expected behavior, and any opposition is the equivalent of shoving 3 years old into Israeli household ovens while the mother watches.  Colonization and settlers violence, it's all a myth.
Can't you focus?  Nobody said colonization and settler violence was a myth.

I got two questions: 

Was the Hamas attack justified?  Yes or No.

Does Israel have a right exist?  Yes or No.

viper37

Quote from: Razgovory on October 30, 2023, 05:45:08 PM1) Was the Hamas attack justified?  Yes or No.

2) Does Israel have a right exist?  Yes or No.
1) No

2) Do Palestinians have a right to exist?

viper37

Yes, Israelis should be held to human standards of behavior.

Nazis put people in ovens.  The Allies did not put all Germans in ovens.  They didn't line German civilians in front of a trench to shoot them.
The Allies didn't mass rape the Japanese civilians after their surrender.

There were trials at Nuremberg for the Germans and their Allies and the Japanese war crimes were largely swept under the rug since many officers had already committed seppuku and the Emperor was granted immunity.

This is humanity.  Just because your enemy lacks humanity does not mean you debase yourself into not having it.

Al-Queida had no humanity.  ISIS didn't either.  Afaik, America and the coallition didn't wipe Afghanistan and Syria from the face of the Earth.

OttoVonBismarck

Quote from: viper37 on October 30, 2023, 05:38:51 PM
Quote from: Threviel on October 30, 2023, 04:22:19 PMthey do far more damage to their own people than they'll ever do to Israel.
Why do you think Netanyahu was so happy to turn a blind eye to their activities?  Israel has been propping them since their foundation.

They have not. This is a common fake fuck claim from ass hat lefties.