And we're back!

Main Menu

Buddha's New D&D Thread is Groovy, Man.

Started by BuddhaRhubarb, May 26, 2009, 12:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Valmy on May 29, 2009, 02:44:57 PM
Quote from: Barrister on May 28, 2009, 01:38:27 PM
Acting in your best interests while entirely disregarding how it might effect others is almost the very definition of evil.

At least in the D&D world this is absolutely true.

Welcome to the thread Valmy you might try reading a bit of it before barging in....

garbon

Summary for you, Valmy : CC has taken an untenable position. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

D & D is teh lame. Play BESM. :contract:
Rather than being limited to certain races you can play any wacked out combination of scifi/fantasy genres that you can possibly imagine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Eyes_Small_Mouth
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sophie Scholl

Quote from: saskganesh on May 29, 2009, 07:33:44 AM
... an innocent baby Orc?
<_< I got a big XP hit for not slaughtering a group of Orcish women and children as an Elvish Paladin whose patron God was the mortal enemy of the God who represented slaughter.  Damned GM's. :mad:

I had my first session of Warhammer FRP with a group of my friends who've been playing for a while.  Went with a female Halfling Campfollower turned vagabond.  It's... interesting so far.  Not a fan of the GM, despite being told he was running an acceptable campaign.  It's better than how he handles a PC, but it isn't good by any stretch of the imagination so far.  We'll see. 

Also, we're alternating that and a new campaign of Star Wars Saga Edition which we'll be starting soon.  The campaign is set during the Clone Wars right after Geonosis, and I'm definately looking forward to that.  A much better GM who thinks and runs a campaign more in line with what I look for.  I'll be a human scout with the fringer path in that one.  I decided to be the anti-min/max-er after seeing how every other member of the group went and picked their race solely to pump their stats.  Fuck that.  I live for the actual ROLEplaying, not the combat and ROLLplaying a lot of people go for.  If I wanted to do that, I'll play a FPS or WoW or something.
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 29, 2009, 09:49:19 PM
Rather than being limited to certain races you can play any wacked out combination of scifi/fantasy genres that you can possibly imagine.

:bleeding: Please try not to De-groovy my thread. thx
:p

Neil

Quote from: crazy canuck on May 29, 2009, 10:48:37 AM
Quote from: Neil on May 29, 2009, 09:50:08 AM
Maybe, but abuse of office isn't inherently non-lawful.
I really have no idea what you mean by that.  Read the SCC decision in Roncarelli (sp?).
Why are you trying to quote a Supreme Court of Canada decision in a D&D thread?  Have you gone crazy?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Fuck off and die.  I ought to murder your family, you young punk with your kid games.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

saskganesh

Quote from: Neil on May 30, 2009, 10:52:37 PM
I really have no idea what you mean by that.  Read the SCC decision in Roncarelli (sp?).
Why are you trying to quote a Supreme Court of Canada decision in a D&D thread?  Have you gone crazy?

I think it's kinda appropriate. as a GM, I would give him bonus XP for that.
humans were created in their own image

saskganesh

and as a GM, you lose a level. and go blind.

saskganesh

Quote from: Judas Iscariot on May 30, 2009, 03:16:19 AM
Quote from: saskganesh on May 29, 2009, 07:33:44 AM
... an innocent baby Orc?
<_< I got a big XP hit for not slaughtering a group of Orcish women and children as an Elvish Paladin whose patron God was the mortal enemy of the God who represented slaughter.  Damned GM's. :mad:

heh. I think it depends on how your game views Orcs. Are orcs, always, unthinkingly, evil with a capital E? Or are they just misunderstood ugly humanoids with a taste for human and elf flesh who just may walk a different path if they are shown mercy once in their lives and given dwarf burgers instead?

BuddhaRhubarb

mmmm Dwarf Burgers.

Non-AAR AAR for yesterday's debacle.

We sort of played again yesterday. (it seems no one but me & the DM (fuck this GM nonsense) understand the idea of being on time)  It has thus far with this game usually taken on average 1.5 hours before we even do anything in this game, after the supposed starting time of 3pm... then we end up playing 2.5 hrs. later than planned... any numerous number of interruptions while gaming occurred including ordering food that no one in the group needs. (4 of the 8 or 9 players being well over 300lbs)

Basically all that happened was that we ended up fighting the resurrected Thayan Wizard and some transmogrified house pets (puppy/kitten become batwinged Cat/Dog creatures with more Hit Dice than any of us in the party.) in an arena battle for our freedom (and 1500gp as a side bet)

We hit the wizard with a couple of summoned Hippogriffs and Me and a few of the others made short work of kitty & puppy, and a few kobold guards for extra measure. We gained our freedom, and went home. end of game.

most underwhelming overlong session of gaming ever. Too many people showing up makes for a very unwieldy game. too many diversions, children milling about. :(

6 hrs of supposed gaming & 1 pretty good battle? lame.

Hopefully my Mutants and Masterminds game today will be more eventful.

Barrister

Well he was in part discussing the matter with me, and I know the case he's talking about.  Roncarelli v Duplessis is an extremely famous case.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

crazy canuck

D&D is serious stuff!

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 02, 2009, 02:10:01 PM

D&D is serious stuff!

He's got ya there.

Darth Wagtaros

My friend subscribes to Wizard's online service that includes a character builder (among other things) that includes all their books and Dragon issues, that does the math and prints out this comprehensive character sheet.  So I have an Eladrin wizard that fire multiple magic missiles per round - each missile does a push+1 - and the damage is 12-18.  I almost don't need anything else. 

When printed the character takes up 8 or 9 sheets.
PDH!