News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mad Max open world game coming in 2014, err, 2015

Started by Syt, June 11, 2013, 12:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

FUCK YEAH! (Use of avatar is purely coincidental.)

http://www.madmaxgame.com/en/

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/06/11/mel-of-a-time-avalanches-mad-max-open-world-game/

QuoteThe makers of sandbox destruction classic Just Cause 2 + the quintessential movie wasteland setting? Yes please! Er, just one thing... Could you maybe not involve World's Worst Human BeingTM Mel Gibson? It'd kind of put a downer on things.

Fortunately, Warner make no mention of Mr Sugar Tits in their blurb about the game they're calling simply Mad Max, and it's also unclear as yet whether this relates to the original Max Max / Road Warrior films, or the upcoming, Bane-starring reboot called Fury Road.

Never mind, let's have a CGI trailer and think about what Fallout With Cars might be like, eh?

"Scheduled for release in 2014, Mad Max will deliver dynamic, open-world gameplay where gamers fight to stay alive in The Wasteland, using brutal on-ground and vehicular combat against vicious gangs of bandits. Players are challenged with treacherous missions as they scavenge the dangerous landscape for supplies to build the ultimate combat vehicle."

Out on PC, the dusty old toyboxes, the expensive new toybox and the outrageously expensive new toybox*. Tina Turner DLC is TBC.

* Hilariously, a man went apeshit at us on Twitter the other day because he felt personally offended by our long-running consoles/toyboxes joke. He's the real Mad Max here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4ja47hx9RDs
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

11B4V

Quote from: Syt on June 11, 2013, 12:07:34 PM
FUCK YEAH! (Use of avatar is purely coincidental.)

http://www.madmaxgame.com/en/

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/06/11/mel-of-a-time-avalanches-mad-max-open-world-game/

QuoteThe makers of sandbox destruction classic Just Cause 2 + the quintessential movie wasteland setting? Yes please! Er, just one thing... Could you maybe not involve World's Worst Human BeingTM Mel Gibson? It'd kind of put a downer on things.

Fortunately, Warner make no mention of Mr Sugar Tits in their blurb about the game they're calling simply Mad Max, and it's also unclear as yet whether this relates to the original Max Max / Road Warrior films, or the upcoming, Bane-starring reboot called Fury Road.

Never mind, let's have a CGI trailer and think about what Fallout With Cars might be like, eh?

"Scheduled for release in 2014, Mad Max will deliver dynamic, open-world gameplay where gamers fight to stay alive in The Wasteland, using brutal on-ground and vehicular combat against vicious gangs of bandits. Players are challenged with treacherous missions as they scavenge the dangerous landscape for supplies to build the ultimate combat vehicle."

Out on PC, the dusty old toyboxes, the expensive new toybox and the outrageously expensive new toybox*. Tina Turner DLC is TBC.

* Hilariously, a man went apeshit at us on Twitter the other day because he felt personally offended by our long-running consoles/toyboxes joke. He's the real Mad Max here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4ja47hx9RDs

I'll be keeping an eye on this.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Tonitrus

Over-under on the number of player names that are a variation of "Humungus"?

Syt

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 11, 2013, 07:43:06 PM

It appears this is going to be primarily a single player game.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Tonitrus

Quote from: Syt on June 11, 2013, 10:43:37 PM

We could have had a Languish road gang, with Ed as the Humungus and garbon as the Tina Turner character.  :(

11B4V

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 12, 2013, 09:23:30 PM

We could have had a Languish road gang, with Ed as the Humungus and garbon as the Tina Turner character.  :(
Naw, CdM with Garbon riding bitch.  :lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on June 12, 2013, 09:33:04 PM

:lol:  garbon doesn't strike me as one that settles for the bitch seat, however.

Lettow as feral Boomerang Boy.

Tonitrus

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 14, 2013, 11:32:51 AM

:lol:  garbon doesn't strike me as one that settles for the bitch seat, however.

Lettow as feral Boomerang Boy.

That's why I went with the assertive dark-skinned blonde.  :sleep:

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 14, 2013, 11:32:51 AM

I've only been on a motorcycle once and I rode bitch but shortly after, I rode the bitch. ^_^
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould

Ed Anger

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 12, 2013, 09:23:30 PM

:)
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Caliga

Is this gonna be more like Mad Max, Road Warrior, or Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome?  I liked the settings better as the movies progressed.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

I like how serious the trailer is, considering the game probably going to look like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYoI13P3Gfs
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Syt

The game is out next Monday. I've watched some live stream from Pax yesterday. Impressions: looks decent (though they were playing on PS4, so PC quality might differ). Lots of sand. Lots of driving. Vehicular combat looks fast paced and action-y (though obviously doesn't get close to the utter madness of Fury Road), with lots of explosions and car crashes. Hand to hand combat looks like Arkham/Shadows of Mordor, with an addition of ad hoc weapons (e.g. wrench lying around).

The map looks huge, with lots of stuff to do.

Only thing has me worried is that while watching half an hour of gameplay was fun and had me itch to try it, it looks a bit repetitive (drive somewhere, maybe get attacked by thugs or run into a convoy, beat up baddies), though this might get broken up by faction quests and special locations - e.g. the guy cleared out a tanker turned oil pump.

Definitely waiting for reviews on this one (esp. how the PC port is, considering WB Game's Arkham blunder).
—Stephen Jay Gould

Syt

—Stephen Jay Gould