And we're back!

Main Menu

American Linguistic Divisions

Started by Jacob, June 05, 2013, 04:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

Most Americans pronounce "been" as "bin".

Odd.

I thought most people pronounced it in the same way as "seen"

Admiral Yi

crazy canuck

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 05, 2013, 04:28:08 PM
Time for the soda map!

A map showing pop or soft drink preferences would be more interesting.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

My co-workers and I were just discussing this before I left work. My fave is the sunshowers one and the drive through liquor store.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

Admiral Yi

I thought they called subs "grinders" in Boston.  Surprised heroes don't get a little more love.

Anyone know of a map for interstates?  I.e. "the five" vs. "I five?"

Ed Anger

I feel like punching somebody in the nuts.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 05, 2013, 05:13:48 PM
I thought they called subs "grinders" in Boston.  Surprised heroes don't get a little more love.

Anyone know of a map for interstates?  I.e. "the five" vs. "I five?"

I five, I eighty, etc

The five is that fox show with the hot chicks.  :P