derspiess' nightmare: Susan Rice to NSA, journalist chick to UN ambassadorship

Started by CountDeMoney, June 05, 2013, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

QuoteTom Donilon resigning as national security adviser; Susan Rice to replace him
By Scott Wilson, Wednesday, June 5, 7:41 AM

National security adviser Thomas E. Donilon will resign his post, White House officials said Wednesday, and will be replaced by U.N. Ambassador Susan E. Rice, a close confidant of President Obama with deep foreign policy experience who is disliked by Republicans but had been widely expected to move into the job.

White House officials said Donilon's resignation will take effect early next month. A seasoned Washington insider, Donilon has held senior national security posts in the administration since Obama took office, rising from the principal deputy national security adviser to his current job.

But his reputation for protecting Obama politically has caused friction with other agencies over the years, beginning in the fall of 2009, when he advocated for a far smaller deployment of U.S. troops in Afghanistan than the Pentagon had requested.

Executing the administration's shift to a stronger focus on Asia in its foreign policy has been one of Donilon's primary policy initiatives; his resignation is timed to follow the summit meeting he helped organize between Obama and China's President Xi Jinping this weekend.

Rice has long been among Obama's most trusted foreign policy advisers, and her move from the United Nations has been expected since she withdrew her name from consideration as secretary of state late last year.

Rice withdrew amid criticism of her role in the aftermath of the Sept. 11, 2012, attacks on the U.S. compound in Benghazi, Libya, which killed four Americans, including Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens.

Republicans on Capitol Hill accused Rice of misleading the public over the nature of the attack in an attempt to protect Obama from criticism during a difficult reelection campaign.

The Senate does not need to confirm her as national security adviser.

The news of Donilon's resignation was first reported by the New York Times.

White House officials said Obama will nominate Samantha Power to replace Rice at the United Nations. Power, who won a Pulitzer Prize for her book "A Problem From Hell," about the U.S. response to genocide, served as a senior director for multilateral affairs and human rights on the National Security Council during Obama's first term and the start of his second.

Her much-anticipated nomination to become ambassador to the United Nations will require Senate confirmation.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

derspiess' agony over the increasing non-traditional gender role dearth of penises in Presidential power circles is enjoyable.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 05, 2013, 09:00:36 AM
derspiess' agony over the increasing non-traditional gender role dearth of penises in Presidential power circles is enjoyable.

I just look forward to the grade A info Ms. Rice will be sharing with weekend news shows.

ASSAD USED CHEMICAL WEAPONS BECAUSE HE WAS MAD ABOUT THE YOUTUBE VIDEO
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on June 05, 2013, 09:04:45 AM
I just look forward to the grade A info Ms. Rice will be sharing with weekend news shows.

Considering she'll be at the front end of classified material instead of the back end, I'm sure there won't be a problem being fed carefully manipulated information by the CIA.

Damn, do you have a problem with black women.  I bet you're a real hoot at the DMV.

KRonn

Rice wasn't manipulated by the CIA. The CIA didn't endorse the whole video thing in the first place. Whether she was duped by who ever sent her out or was a willing participant of that whole charade I don't think is known. But she's getting rewarded for her part in any event.

DGuller

I think by this point, 9/11/2012 attack is getting more scrutiny than 9/11/2001 attack.  Get a grip, people.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 05, 2013, 09:18:02 AM
Damn, do you have a problem with black women.  I bet you're a real hoot at the DMV.

I have three very dear co-workers that are black women.  You best check yo'self before you wreck yo'self.

Just realized Samantha Powers is that fugly Irish interventionist chick married to Cass Sunstein.  Yeah, I guess there is someone worse than Susan Rice :lol:

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on June 05, 2013, 09:26:14 AM
I think by this point, 9/11/2012 attack is getting more scrutiny than 9/11/2001 attack.  Get a grip, people.

Well yeah, the 9/11/2012 conspiracy may have CHANGED THE OUTCOME OF AN ELECTION...

whereas 9/11/2001 just killed thousands of people.

Politicians know what is the bigger tragedy
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: DGuller on June 05, 2013, 09:26:14 AM

Quote from: ValmyWell yeah, the 9/11/2012 conspiracy may have CHANGED THE OUTCOME OF AN ELECTION...

whereas 9/11/2001 just killed thousands of people.

Politicians know what is the bigger tragedy

Hm.