Previous topic - Next topic

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Jacob

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 03, 2013, 01:11:59 PM
Everyone eventually dies.

Yeah... the part that started annoying me was when they ...

...spoiler...

... started coming back to life again. That shit got stupid real quick.

Martinus

At the risk of this making me sound like a faggot, I sobbed every time I watched the end of the episode (three times so far).

I thought the look of resignation in Richard Madden's eyes and the grief in Michelle Fairley's was amazing. If they don't get an Emmy for that I don't know who will.

11B4V

Quote from: Martinus on June 03, 2013, 02:07:58 PM
At the risk of this making me sound like a faggot, I sobbed every time I watched the end of the episode (three times so far).

I thought the look of resignation in Richard Madden's eyes and the grief in Michelle Fairley's was amazing. If they don't get an Emmy for that I don't know who will.

It was a great episode, but cry? Hardly worth that.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

The Minsky Moment

I hope viewer anger is directed at the approriate target: the lax weapons regulations of Westeros.  Strict crossbow control laws and bans on concealed knife carriage could have prevented this terrible tragedy. 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Viking

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 03, 2013, 03:06:51 PM
I hope viewer anger is directed at the approriate target: the lax weapons regulations of Westeros.  Strict crossbow control laws and bans on concealed knife carriage could have prevented this terrible tragedy.

<NRA>If the Starks had had crossbows and valyrian blades at the wedding they wouldn't have been killed </NRA>
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on June 03, 2013, 02:07:58 PM

I presume those were manly straight-acting tears?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Valmy on June 03, 2013, 03:15:54 PM
I presume those were manly straight-acting tears?

Mine certainly were.  :mad:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

Actually, I blame the regulations that prohibit a concealed dire wolf carry.

Grallon

QuoteEva Burke ‏@burkeitup 5h

I have no reason to live after watching that episode of game of thrones. My life is over.
Retweeted by TheRedWedding

:nelson:

None of these hysterics would be happening if they had read the books... Morons.

G.
"Clearly, a civilization that feels guilty for everything it is and does will lack the energy and conviction to defend itself."

~Jean-François Revel

The Larch

Neil

Walder Frey was an organ of the government, and you could even argue that he was doing his duty under the law as he brutally slaughtered the Starks and their people.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Kleves

Quote from: crazy canuck on June 03, 2013, 01:11:59 PM
Everyone eventually dies.
Baby, that's a fact. But maybe everyone that dies, someday comes back?
My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Viking

First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.