News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

15 Things Gay Men Need To Stop Doing

Started by garbon, June 01, 2013, 09:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 02, 2013, 06:20:01 PM
QuoteAnd of course that leads to the following: can we stop justifying our distaste for other brown bodies with the phrase "it's not racist, it's just a preference"? Because like, if you have to preface what you're saying with "it's not racist" then it is definitely racist!

In an article filled with brilliance, this particular nugget stands out above the rest.

Yeah that bit was a doozie.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on June 02, 2013, 07:45:03 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 02, 2013, 05:18:10 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 02, 2013, 03:35:02 PM
I don't think that one would generally turn down a fat person, at say a bar, by rudely commenting that you don't like fat people - so why should it be done online?
Really?  That totally sounds like something you would do, unless maybe the fat guy was really rich.
Well you don't know me that well. :)
I've read thousands of your posts on Languish.  Cruelty and childishness do seem to be in your wheelhouse, although not so much as Martinus perhaps.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

garbon

Quote from: Neil on June 02, 2013, 08:00:30 PM
I don't think that one would generally turn down a fat person, at say a bar, by rudely commenting that you don't like fat people - so why should it be done online?
Really?  That totally sounds like something you would do, unless maybe the fat guy was really rich.
I've read thousands of your posts on Languish.  Cruelty and childishness do seem to be in your wheelhouse, although not so much as Martinus perhaps.

I think my statement stands if you think I'd do something like that.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Garbon would probably save the fat gibe for the recounting at the office next day.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Siege

I like Jennifer Lawrence and she is fat.

Does this makes me a good guy?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Neil

Quote from: garbon on June 02, 2013, 08:14:57 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 02, 2013, 08:00:30 PM
I think my statement stands if you think I'd do something like that.
People often think of themselves as being better than they actually are.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Viking

Quote from: Siege on June 02, 2013, 09:19:41 PM
I like Jennifer Lawrence and she is fat.

Does this makes me a good guy?

No, it just means you can't tell the difference between "Hollywood Fat" (i.e. has natural non-A cup boobs) and "Real World Fat" (i.e. has natural D cup boobs)
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Eddie Teach

I don't get the hoopla around Jennifer Lawrence. She's ordinary-looking and not just in the chest.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on June 01, 2013, 09:56:14 PM
Quote8) Getting mad or defensive if somebody calls you “girl” or “gurl.” Yes, I know you have a penis and yes I know you are not a girl you party pooping sour puss. Gay men calling each other “girl” is a term of affection, not unlike how all those hot straight white guys roaming free call each other bro.

I hardly think those are comparable.  It would be more like if Lesbians were supposed to tolerate being called 'bro'.  Of course those straight white guys who call each other 'bro' are sorta douchey but that is another issue...
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Neil on June 02, 2013, 09:37:55 PM

Except that isn't what is being discussed here. We are discussing whether or not I would tell someone to their face that I found them unattractive because they are fat. That simply wouldn't happen and I've never done so.

Neil

Quote from: garbon on June 02, 2013, 11:03:32 PM
Except that isn't what is being discussed here. We are discussing whether or not I would tell someone to their face that I found them unattractive because they are fat. That simply wouldn't happen and I've never done so.
So you're a terrible person on the internet, but a soft touch in real life?

katmai

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 02, 2013, 09:57:39 PM
I don't get the hoopla around Jennifer Lawrence. She's ordinary-looking and not just in the chest.

You know how i know you are gay?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

garbon

Quote from: Neil on June 02, 2013, 11:07:49 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 02, 2013, 11:03:32 PM
So you're a terrible person on the internet, but a soft touch in real life?

No.

katmai

I'm sure he's equally terrible in real life.

I mean if Seedy likes him...
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

Quote from: katmai on June 02, 2013, 11:08:30 PM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 02, 2013, 09:57:39 PM

You know how i know you are gay?

Because I like girls who are pretty?