Turkish police use tear gas, injure dozens in break up of protests

Started by Syt, June 01, 2013, 01:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 16, 2013, 03:28:08 PM
Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2013, 03:23:22 PM
The main people who try to convince us Kemal was a god are Turks so maybe Raz thinks he is on a Turkish nationalist forum?

I think it's more likely that Raz is mischaracterizing Tamas' position, the easier to discredit it.

A curious response, since I never attempted argue that anyone was saying Kemal was a god.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on June 16, 2013, 03:21:24 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 16, 2013, 03:09:32 PM
Thinking back, I saw a woman wearing a headscarf yesterday.  Strangely I was not driven into a rage over it.

Glad you are getting out out of the house.

Are you supposed to be driven into a rage over it? :hmm:

Because I see them everyday on campus and was not aware about this requirement.

QuoteThat said, I readily admit that I am unable to be objective in this.

Maybe because I only occasionally venture into western Europe and I haven't gotten used to this, but every time I saw a jerk arab guy in shorts and T shirt and his women covered completely in heavy black clothing... That needs to stop.

Tamas was giving me a rage vibe here.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on June 16, 2013, 03:33:19 PM
A curious response, since I never attempted argue that anyone was saying Kemal was a god.

A curious response, as I never claimed you did.  Valmy proposed an explanation for your position, I proposed an alternative.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on June 16, 2013, 01:19:10 PM
Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on June 16, 2013, 01:09:40 PM
Turkey is much better off today than it would have been without Ataturk. Can the same be said of Lenin and Russia?
It's certainly less Greek.
That's a good thing.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 16, 2013, 03:47:50 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 16, 2013, 03:33:19 PM

A curious response, as I never claimed you did.  Valmy proposed an explanation for your position, I proposed an alternative.

Your alternative was based on faulty information.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 16, 2013, 04:36:43 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 16, 2013, 04:28:59 PM
Your alternative was based on faulty information.

Please elaborate.

I thought it was clear.  Valmy was wrong in claiming I said that people were trying to make Kemal a god.  Therefore any alternative interpretation is tainted by incorrect facts.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Razgovory on June 16, 2013, 04:39:40 PM
I thought it was clear.  Valmy was wrong in claiming I said that people were trying to make Kemal a god.  Therefore any alternative interpretation is tainted by incorrect facts.

For an alternate interpretation to be tainted by incorrect facts it would have to rely on those incorrect facts as a basis for the argument.  I did not base my interpretation on the assumption that you said people were trying to make Kemal a god.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 16, 2013, 04:44:00 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 16, 2013, 04:39:40 PM

For an alternate interpretation to be tainted by incorrect facts it would have to rely on those incorrect facts as a basis for the argument.  I did not base my interpretation on the assumption that you said people were trying to make Kemal a god.

Then what was your interpretation on?

Admiral Yi

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 16, 2013, 05:57:02 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on June 16, 2013, 05:52:25 PM
Then what was your interpretation on?

Your posting history and Tamas'.

Ah, then I see the confusion as Valmy has little to do with that.  Then perhaps you would like to elaborate on that.

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!