Papa John's CEO Apologizes for Delivery Man's Racist Rant

Started by Syt, May 28, 2013, 01:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on May 29, 2013, 10:43:09 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 29, 2013, 10:39:45 AM
To be fair Domino's isn't as terrible ever since they went with "yeah we sucked so we've changed it all". -_-
:hmm: Haven't had Domino's since circa 1999 or so.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/industries/food/2009-12-16-dominos16_ST_N.htm

QuoteFor folks who get their jollies complaining about the taste of Domino's Pizza, the company is about to do the unthinkable.
The world's largest pizza delivery chain (DPZ) on Wednesday announced plans to change every part of its core pizza.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on May 29, 2013, 10:43:09 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 29, 2013, 10:39:45 AM
To be fair Domino's isn't as terrible ever since they went with "yeah we sucked so we've changed it all". -_-
:hmm: Haven't had Domino's since circa 1999 or so.

You've successfully avoided the Noid.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

Around here, the dominant players are Pizza Hut and Papa John's, since both companies are based here.

To be fair to Schnatter, David Novak (CEO of Yum!) does the same thing as him, but the difference is that ALL corporate employees are required to do that at least one day a year, and the stores know well in advance what day that is.  I actually think that's a good idea since it helps the corporate white collar guys to understand how the business works at the lowest levels.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

fhdz

Quote from: Berkut on May 28, 2013, 04:15:50 PM
Which makes me suspect there is More To The Story.

Well, you know, I'm sure that black fella was getting a little uppity.
and the horse you rode in on

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on May 29, 2013, 11:06:21 AM
I get all my pizza from here: http://www.brooklynpie.com/ :wub: really really good pizza.

I'm sure it's good but the "pie" thing annoys the crap out of me.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

Quote from: Caliga on May 29, 2013, 10:42:45 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 29, 2013, 10:35:57 AM
Quote from: Caliga on May 29, 2013, 09:29:42 AM
Schnatter is a weird dude.  There's a Papa John's down the road here, and sometimes he'll just show up there and start making pizza.  I've never seen him there but he ran the register for one of my co-workers before.  Dude, come on, you have peons to do that shit for you. :huh:

It generates good publicity.
It's possible that he does it for that reason, but I don't think they announce it beforehand or anything, and I don't think he tells the people at the store... he just shows up there and works when he feels like it.  I used to work with a guy who was an accounting manager at the HQ and he said it annoys the hell out of the workers when he does that because he's so happy and bubbly, and of course expects everyone else to be the same there too.  I'm sure they would be if they were billionaries like he is instead of minimum-wage workers, and could just saunter off and go back to their giant corner offices when they felt like it. :mellow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuTMWgOduFM

(shout out to shelf)
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

merithyn

Do you guys tip more when the weather's bad? I usually give around 20%, but if the weather's bad, I throw a couple extra bucks on it.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

crazy canuck

We always order from a local place (non chain).   We always tip well and we always get our pizza quickly...

The Brain

What is a reasonable tip for a decent racist rant?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: merithyn on May 29, 2013, 01:11:44 PM
Do you guys tip more when the weather's bad? I usually give around 20%, but if the weather's bad, I throw a couple extra bucks on it.

Nope. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: merithyn on May 29, 2013, 01:11:44 PM

If it's just raining I don't because I figure the guys are doing a lot of volume.  Snow on the ground, something like that, I'll give extra.

sbr

Quote from: fahdiz on May 29, 2013, 09:56:49 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 29, 2013, 09:50:46 AM
I don't understand why someone would order Papa John's.

I like Abby's and Pietro's. :wub:

The Abby's in Newberg is the best pizza around, and much better than any of the other Abby's I have been to.

fhdz

Quote from: sbr on May 29, 2013, 02:20:29 PM
Quote from: fahdiz on May 29, 2013, 09:56:49 AM
Quote from: garbon on May 29, 2013, 09:50:46 AM
I don't understand why someone would order Papa John's.

I like Abby's and Pietro's. :wub:

The Abby's in Newberg is the best pizza around, and much better than any of the other Abby's I have been to.

It's so good. I try to eat there every time we head out to the coast.
and the horse you rode in on

Eddie Teach

Quote from: The Brain on May 29, 2013, 01:16:11 PM
What is a reasonable tip for a decent racist rant?

Depends on how the rant could be improved.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?