Papa John's CEO Apologizes for Delivery Man's Racist Rant

Started by Syt, May 28, 2013, 01:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Schnatter is a weird dude.  There's a Papa John's down the road here, and sometimes he'll just show up there and start making pizza.  I've never seen him there but he ran the register for one of my co-workers before.  Dude, come on, you have peons to do that shit for you. :huh:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Martinus

Quote from: DontSayBanana on May 29, 2013, 09:22:02 AM
Quote from: Martinus on May 29, 2013, 09:04:30 AM
I usually pay online or with plastic and do not carry cash so I never tip. :yeah:

If you're a known no-tipper, you don't want to know what kind of "additives" are going into your food.

Well I hardly ever order pizza or ready made food anyway - the most frequent deliveries I get are groceries, and the room for shittiness is reduced there.

Plus, in Poland, there is no real culture of tipping, as people are paid normal wage and do not need to live off their employer scamming customers.

garbon

I don't understand why someone would order Papa John's.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

fhdz

Quote from: garbon on May 29, 2013, 09:50:46 AM

I like Abby's and Pietro's. :wub:
and the horse you rode in on

Grey Fox

My standard pizza order is 19.something & I give 22$ It's enough, the pizza place is 700m(~2000 fts) from my house.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

derspiess

Yes, you live in NYC.  We get it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on May 29, 2013, 10:27:47 AM

I wouldn't even order Papa John's when I lived in Central MA. :mellow:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: derspiess on May 29, 2013, 09:26:34 AM
Yeah, when I order delivery online from Papa Johns or wherever, I usually go ahead and throw the tip on there when I'm paying with my debit card.

I know it's always better to tip in cash (take that, Ide) but more often than not I either don't have any cash on me or don't have small bills.

Stop enabling treason.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

To be fair to Papa John's, the quality of their pizza tends to vary drastically over time.  I'm not a big fan but a few times I've had it and it was surprisingly decent.  Other times, it's been worse than even Domino's.  There's a direct relationship between who is in the driver's seat (i.e. either Schnatter or some other CEO) at any given time and the quality of the pizza.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on May 29, 2013, 10:28:17 AM
Quote from: derspiess on May 29, 2013, 10:27:47 AM

I wouldn't even order Papa John's when I lived in Central MA. :mellow:

Good for you.  IMO it's not great, but not horrible.  In my neighborhood the delivery or nearby pickup options are almost all national or regional chains, so you make do with what you have.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Ideologue on May 29, 2013, 10:32:13 AM
Quote from: derspiess on May 29, 2013, 09:26:34 AM
Yeah, when I order delivery online from Papa Johns or wherever, I usually go ahead and throw the tip on there when I'm paying with my debit card.

I know it's always better to tip in cash (take that, Ide) but more often than not I either don't have any cash on me or don't have small bills.

Stop enabling treason.

TAX IS THEFT

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Caliga on May 29, 2013, 09:29:42 AM
Schnatter is a weird dude.  There's a Papa John's down the road here, and sometimes he'll just show up there and start making pizza.  I've never seen him there but he ran the register for one of my co-workers before.  Dude, come on, you have peons to do that shit for you. :huh:

It generates good publicity.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on May 29, 2013, 10:32:24 AM
To be fair to Papa John's, the quality of their pizza tends to vary drastically over time.  I'm not a big fan but a few times I've had it and it was surprisingly decent.  Other times, it's been worse than even Domino's.  There's a direct relationship between who is in the driver's seat (i.e. either Schnatter or some other CEO) at any given time and the quality of the pizza.

To be fair Domino's isn't as terrible ever since they went with "yeah we sucked so we've changed it all". -_-

Caliga

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 29, 2013, 10:35:57 AM
Quote from: Caliga on May 29, 2013, 09:29:42 AM

It generates good publicity.
It's possible that he does it for that reason, but I don't think they announce it beforehand or anything, and I don't think he tells the people at the store... he just shows up there and works when he feels like it.  I used to work with a guy who was an accounting manager at the HQ and he said it annoys the hell out of the workers when he does that because he's so happy and bubbly, and of course expects everyone else to be the same there too.  I'm sure they would be if they were billionaries like he is instead of minimum-wage workers, and could just saunter off and go back to their giant corner offices when they felt like it. :mellow:

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on May 29, 2013, 10:39:45 AM
To be fair Domino's isn't as terrible ever since they went with "yeah we sucked so we've changed it all". -_-
:hmm: Haven't had Domino's since circa 1999 or so.