And we're back!

Main Menu

Germany most popular country in the world

Started by Syt, May 23, 2013, 06:35:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 23, 2013, 08:03:48 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on May 23, 2013, 10:47:13 AM
Canada has taken a big hit in Europe over the years related to enviornmental issues.  First we were big baddies because we cut down our trees.  Then we were big baddies for hunting seals.  Now we are big baddies because we are producing oil from the Oil Sands.

Don't forget missing the Kyoto emissions reduction metrics as well.  Nice effort there of showing no effort.

Yeah, I forgot to add that part.  Funny how you know stuff you shouldnt know.

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on May 23, 2013, 05:23:12 PM
You say this in a thread in which the topic is that Germany is now the most popular country in the world?  ;)

Well to be fair Germany did not do nearly as much of that outside of their own continent :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Quote from: Brazen on May 23, 2013, 09:45:39 AM
I've only ever been to Germany on a long weekend in Berlin, but I'd certainly like to see more of the country. Germans are probably the most British-like foreigners I've ever encountered, in terms of appearance and personality. And beer and kebab consumption.
Yep. I love the Germans and the bits of Germany I've been to. They're up there with Scandinavians and the Dutch.

QuoteJust can't get a grip on the language, though, think I first encountered it too late in life. Why don't you export some subtitled crime dramas to give me a start?
Again, exactly the same. I learned French (badly) at school and have an idea of Romance languages, I can move my mouth around them and even try the odd bit of Arabic in Morocco. German is, for some reason, just impossible.

And I've often wondered where the German TV is on BBC4 :mellow: :huh:

QuoteLike OvB I would have expected that negative views in the Eurozone would have increased a lot and lowered our general approval level though.
Actually I think most people look at Cameron, Hollande, Rajoy or whoever and then admire Merkel. You may disagree with her but she's competent at least.

QuoteThey are definitely much more popular in Africa than the US is.
What are you basing this on? It goes against a lot I've read :mellow:

I love Canadians too.

I'd like to see some figures on Australia <_<
Let's bomb Russia!

Neil

Quote from: Valmy on May 23, 2013, 10:27:35 AM
Quote from: Tyr on May 23, 2013, 10:26:45 AM
Wow, Britain is popular. :blink:
Yep.  People love Britain far more than Britain loves itself.
Nobody hates Britain ore than Tyr does.  He'll never forgive them for not mining enough coal.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Richard Hakluyt

My theory is that there is such a thing as a "North-West European", which would be the UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, the Flemish bits of Belgium and the northern 2/3 of Germany. Anywhere in that area feels like home but with pleasing variations  :cool:

The British may well be the biggest asshats in that area, but after all, it's a tough group  :D

Eddie Teach

Does that mean the Irish are honorary Protestants?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 30, 2013, 06:16:58 AM

Well the Flems and alot of the Germans are Catholics as well :contract:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

11B4V

Spent five years in Germany. Particularly liked the areas around Weingarten and Wildflecken. Nice scenic areas.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Barrister

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on May 30, 2013, 06:16:58 AM

Some of us are more than honourary Protestants. :mad:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?