Breaking News - Reports of an Ongoing Terrorist 'Incident' in Woolwich,London.

Started by mongers, May 22, 2013, 01:48:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Quote from: 11B4V on May 22, 2013, 02:48:16 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2013, 02:46:51 PM
I didn't know a knifing now counts as terrorism.  I guess Bush didn't keep us as safe from Terrorism as he claimed.

You're a retard.
I'm going to have to agree with the neanderthal gun nut. :yes:

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on May 22, 2013, 02:48:22 PM
I didn't know a knifing now counts as terrorism.  I guess Bush didn't keep us as safe from Terrorism as he claimed.

Terrorism - like hate crimes - is determined by the intent, not the murder weapon.

Do I have to kill him.  Can I chase someone around with a stick?  Can that be terrorism?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: DGuller on May 22, 2013, 02:54:50 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on May 22, 2013, 02:48:16 PM

You're a retard.
I'm going to have to agree with the neanderthal gun nut. :yes:

Do go on.  Please, elaborate on what the neanderthal means.  I expect very a solid case pointing out the flaws of my statement.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Admiral Yi

Maybe Raz is just kindheartedly trying to take the heat off Brazen and Josephus. :sleep:

viper37

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 22, 2013, 02:02:12 PM
One wonders, if Britain is so terrible then why is he there? Why not go someplace good?
because it's their duty to enlighten the world they live in.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 22, 2013, 03:01:12 PM
Maybe Raz is just kindheartedly trying to take the heat off Brazen and Josephus. :sleep:

How many acts of terrorism do you think were committed in the US with small weapons like knives and guns between 2001 and 2008?

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2013, 03:05:05 PM

How many acts of terrorism do you think were committed in the US with small weapons like knives and guns between 2001 and 2008?

Walk over to your medicine cabinet, Open and close to door three times, then take your meds.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 22, 2013, 03:08:19 PM
Damn the torpedos Raz, full speed ahead. :lol:

:lol: No shit, huh? We're watching him go into a steep dive and firewall the throttles.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

DGuller

Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2013, 03:00:32 PM
Do go on.  Please, elaborate on what the neanderthal means.  I expect very a solid case pointing out the flaws of my statement.
As seems to be the case with pretty much every one of your posts over the last few months, they're predicated on deliberately missing the context in the most idiotic way possible.  Talking about whether knifing is an act of terror is completely nonsensical;  terrorism is about motives, not weapons.  You can knife someone as an act of terror, or you can explode a bomb on a plane without it being an act of terror, if you're trying to get rid of just one passenger for the inheritance.

Razgovory

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2013, 03:14:12 PM
Which motives constitute terror and which do not?

Terrorism, noun, The use of violence or threats of violence to achieve political ends
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

lustindarkness

Quote from: 11B4V on May 22, 2013, 03:06:57 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2013, 03:05:05 PM

Walk over to your medicine cabinet, Open and close to door three times, then take your meds.

Sounds like the medicine bottles talked him out of taking the meds.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on May 22, 2013, 03:14:12 PM
Which motives constitute terror and which do not?

I'd say the motives very clearly demonstrated by the perps in this particular case constitute terror. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall