News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

From Street View to Map - A Game.

Started by Grey Fox, May 10, 2013, 08:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merithyn

I got 16,094 first run through. Was within 50km of Abbey, SK. :cool:

Three of the five I guessed were in Mexico.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Alcibiades

Middle of palermo, 1.2 km away, saw a tour bus.   :P

17724 highest now.
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Barrister

It's an interesting idea, but too often I've gotten the "stuck on a dusty road in the middle of nowhere" location.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

merithyn

Damn thing put me in the middle of a classroom lecture hall with no way out. :glare:

Still got within 2200km, though. :cool:
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Grey Fox

In front of the Grass Valley Oregon post office. Pinpointed within 1km!
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Josephus

Quote from: Barrister on May 12, 2013, 12:45:14 AM
It's an interesting idea, but too often I've gotten the "stuck on a dusty road in the middle of nowhere" location.

Australia. All the time.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Liep

Quote from: Josephus on May 12, 2013, 07:51:21 AM

Australia. All the time.

I had a game with only dusty roads in Australia.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Tonitrus

Being bored, I've been doing a Google Street View tour of Bulgaria...

...man, that place is bleak.  But I can understand pretty much all the signage.  Maybe I should rescue a poor, HOTT Bulgarian lass.  :P

Josephus

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 12, 2013, 02:30:46 PM
Being bored, I've been doing a Google Street View tour of Bulgaria...

...man, that place is bleak.  But I can understand pretty much all the signage.  Maybe I should rescue a poor, HOTT Bulgarian lass.  :P

Is there such a thing? :huh:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

MadImmortalMan

I've heard Bulgaria and Romania have lots of attractive ladies. Merely hearsay however.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on May 13, 2013, 10:39:00 AM
I've heard Bulgaria and Romania have lots of attractive ladies. Merely hearsay however.
One of my vendors has an office in Cluj-Napoca, Romania, and is constantly rotating support dudes to California on six-month appointments to help them get more proficient with both the software and their English.  Trust me my friend, the ladies are attractive.  I'm beginning to wonder if it's illegal to be a young woman in Romania and be unattractive. :hmm:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josephus

Oh I'm not doubting the Romanians. I think I had my first erection when I was 10 watching Nadia Commenici. It's the Bulgarians I'm questioning.

Barrister

Holy shit.  I was playing this, and I get a road in the middle of forest.  No signs, no nothing.

But I say to myself - this looks familiar.  Look at the types of trees, look how small they are - that's go to be the Yukon!

And it was.   :cool:

Admiral Yi

Small because of the short summer, or small because 2nd growth?

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 15, 2013, 02:42:59 PM
Small because of the short summer, or small because 2nd growth?

Short summer / long winter.