News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

From Street View to Map - A Game.

Started by Grey Fox, May 10, 2013, 08:30:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Weirdest I had (and the locations do repeat after a while) was a beach where you could only move between the water and a small path leading into the bushes. Turned out to be Okinawa, I think, or some other island thereabouts.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

PRC

Quote from: Syt on May 10, 2013, 11:53:11 AM
Weirdest I had (and the locations do repeat after a while) was a beach where you could only move between the water and a small path leading into the bushes. Turned out to be Okinawa, I think, or some other island thereabouts.

I had a similar spot, but it was on the Island of Java.

DGuller

I love it when I get a road sign, and it doesn't have any vowels in it.  You may as well put this on a sign: 

Actually, the very next sign did have exactly this.

The Larch

I had a funny one. A picturesque medieval village at first sight. I turn to one side and there was a huge gothic church. I turn to the other side and there was a creperie. It was only missing guys walking around with baguettes.  :lol:

Josephus

Quote from: The Larch on May 10, 2013, 12:07:08 PM
I had a funny one. A picturesque medieval village at first sight. I turn to one side and there was a huge gothic church. I turn to the other side and there was a creperie. It was only missing guys walking around with baguettes.  :lol:

Ah you got Quebec City. ;)
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

MadImmortalMan

I guessed Galveston but it was Myrtle Beach. I guessed Iceland but it was the Shetlands. Not too bad. Better than the one time I guessed Greece but it was Japan or California but it was New Zealand. :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

DGuller

Liep

You were right about the Eastern European being easy: if it's very gray target somewhere between Poland and Ukraine.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Liep

I like how you get to play detective, I was lost until I found a little note on a lamp post with Korean signs. 3000 points. :yeah:
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Pedrito

Quote from: Zanza on May 10, 2013, 09:06:33 AM
GF wrote that in his initial post. ;)

I got the Golden Gate Bridge this time. If you pinpoint a location perfectly, you still only get 3200 points...

No, I pinpointed a square in Santiago de Compostela and the game gave me more than 6,000 points. I closed over 16,500.

It's fun, but my game has a strange penchant towards japanese settlements in islands 2/3.000 kms from mainland Japan  <_<

L.
b / h = h / b+h

27 Zoupa Points, redeemable at the nearest liquor store! :woot:

Razgovory

14251 on my first try.  It helps when it puts me next a sign.  The one I was off by most was some place called Nana.  I thought it might be Singapore.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Alcibiades

You got 14071 points in total

My first go around  :smoke:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Alcibiades

On my second run, saw a sign for Warsaw and guessed within 5km, got 6,000 point so yeah you can get more than 3k.

16,324 my highest score now, damn random ass country farmland with 2009 terrible resolution.  Could have been anywhere from Ohio to North Dakota. 
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain