News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on July 21, 2016, 08:59:28 PM
If that idiot actually fucks up NATO I will personally get on a plane and perform Operation: Keelhaul on Marty

Sorry, but the idea of watching Marty in the refugee train from the front lines, attempting to get away from the Russians with nothing more than the clothes on his back and as many wine glasses as he can carry, would actually be the only real benefit of leaving NATO.

derspiess

So far in my family I have one brother all in for Trump, one who may hold his nose and vote Trump, a sister in law who is with me on voting Gary Johnson, and a wife who would vote Trump if I let her (I still haven't gotten guidance from Languish on what I should do).  Not sure who my parents are voting for-- they've voted in every election since the early 60s but I could see them both sitting this one out.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

What bothers me is what a friend of mine said a while back: he was going to vote for Trump "just to see what happens." 

I think there are far too many people out there with that attitude, reducing the election to a frat prank, which is why I truly believe Trump has more than a chance for this thing. 

I mean, yeah, it sucks to be a GOPer this year, but c'mon...plenty of registered Democrats voted Reagan in '84, if only because it was the right thing to do at the time.

Monoriu

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 21, 2016, 09:16:26 PM
What bothers me is what a friend of mine said a while back: he was going to vote for Trump "just to see what happens." 

I think there are far too many people out there with that attitude, reducing the election to a frat prank, which is why I truly believe Trump has more than a chance for this thing. 

I mean, yeah, it sucks to be a GOPer this year, but c'mon...plenty of registered Democrats voted Reagan in '84, if only because it was the right thing to do at the time.

I see that attitude everywhere.  Trump, Brexit, the nut cases in Hong Kong.  There are a large number of really unhappy people around, and they have little to lose.  They'll vote for anything that isn't the status quo.

Razgovory

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 21, 2016, 09:03:24 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 21, 2016, 08:59:28 PM
If that idiot actually fucks up NATO I will personally get on a plane and perform Operation: Keelhaul on Marty

Sorry, but the idea of watching Marty in the refugee train from the front lines, attempting to get away from the Russians with nothing more than the clothes on his back and as many wine glasses as he can carry, would actually be the only real benefit of leaving NATO.

And I aim to drag his ass back when he does.  Toss him him right back over the line.  I've been learning Russian in my spare time.

"Здравствуйте , товарищи , я приношу классового врага!"
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

sbr

Yep.  You combine the #FortheLulz and #NeveraVagina camps and you have a serious shot at this idiot being elected.  I hope that enough from each camp will pull their collective heads out of their collective asses, but I'm not really sure.

alfred russel

Quote from: sbr on July 21, 2016, 10:02:39 PM

Yep.  You combine the #FortheLulz and #NeveraVagina camps and you have a serious shot at this idiot being elected.  I hope that enough from each camp will pull their collective heads out of their collective asses, but I'm not really sure.

I would think there is significant overlap in the two camps.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: Monoriu on July 21, 2016, 09:20:42 PM
I see that attitude everywhere.  Trump, Brexit, the nut cases in Hong Kong.  There are a large number of really unhappy people around, and they have little to lose.  They'll vote for anything that isn't the status quo.

The problem is they do actually have a lot to lose.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on July 21, 2016, 09:07:02 PM
So far in my family I have one brother all in for Trump, one who may hold his nose and vote Trump, a sister in law who is with me on voting Gary Johnson, and a wife who would vote Trump if I let her (I still haven't gotten guidance from Languish on what I should do).  Not sure who my parents are voting for-- they've voted in every election since the early 60s but I could see them both sitting this one out.

You have an excellent strategy for voting for Trump while pretending like you are not voting for Trump. Color me: Not Surprised.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Monoriu on July 21, 2016, 09:20:42 PM

LOL which of these things is not like the others?

Nice try, Tiananmen Squarepants.

Valmy

QuoteYou have an excellent strategy for voting for Trump while pretending like you are not voting for Trump. Color me: Not Surprised.

Spicey is not like that. He actually cares about this country he is not some psycho "blow everything up for the LOLZ" type.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Valmy on July 21, 2016, 10:34:25 PM
QuoteYou have an excellent strategy for voting for Trump while pretending like you are not voting for Trump. Color me: Not Surprised.

Spicey is not like that. He actually cares about this country he is not some psycho "blow everything up for the LOLZ" type.

That's right;  when Trump says he'll make America Great Again, derfetus is taking him at his word. He means it.

sbr

Quote from: Valmy on July 21, 2016, 10:34:25 PM

OK he's not a #FortheLulz guy but he has said here numerous times that he would vote for Trump if Ohio remained a battleground and Hillary had a chance to win the state.  There is a slim chance he's not #NeveraVagina but he had made it clear he would vote for Trump to keep Hillary from winning.

Valmy

sbr

Which words are you having trouble understanding?