News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: derspiess on July 20, 2016, 08:32:55 PM
Hearing that Cruz will not quite endorse Trump in his speech tonight.

Good for him.

QuotePlans to run in 2020 regardless of who wins this November.

Fuck.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

CountDeMoney

What, you thought Cruz was done?  Dude, the guy shut down the government just to make a point.  He's going to be around for a very long time.

FunkMonk

I heard Theodore stepped on and trolled Donnie at his own convention.  :lmfao:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

LaCroix

Eddie Teach

Cruz running is good news for Ide. He may win his bet.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Valmy

Yeah Cruz is just getting started. Texas will return him to the Senate for life, Strom Thurmond style.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Legbiter

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 20, 2016, 09:20:26 PM
I heard Theodore stepped on and trolled Donnie at his own convention.  :lmfao:

Cruz the Republican unifier.  :showoff:

Always too clever by half.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Legbiter

Quote from: Valmy on July 21, 2016, 07:13:14 AM
Yeah Cruz is just getting started. Texas will return him to the Senate for life, Strom Thurmond style.

:hmm:

It will be interesting to see if he still has a political career.

garbon

Quote from: Legbiter on July 21, 2016, 09:14:56 AM
Quote from: Valmy on July 21, 2016, 07:13:14 AM

:hmm:

It will be interesting to see if he still has a political career.

Why wouldn't he?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

I'm reading that Trump had an early view of Cruz's speech, and also that the "boos" were being coached from Trump floor organizers.

Really Trump - you want that to be the image from last night's convention?  You could have easily let Cruz have his speech without comment, then claim (as Gingrich did) that Cruz really meant you when he talked about "vote your conscience".  Instead you, yet again, go with division and anger.

Fascinating to watch though.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Legbiter

Quote from: Barrister on July 21, 2016, 09:42:03 AM
I'm reading that Trump had an early view of Cruz's speech, and also that the "boos" were being coached from Trump floor organizers.

Trump only had to chuckle and let Cruz self-immolate on stage with a flourish a Buddhist monk would be hard-pressed to match.  ^_^

derspiess

Quote from: Barrister on July 21, 2016, 09:42:03 AM

Really Trump - you want that to be the image from last night's convention?  You could have easily let Cruz have his speech without comment, then claim (as Gingrich did) that Cruz really meant you when he talked about "vote your conscience".  Instead you, yet again, go with division and anger.

Fascinating to watch though.

Actually it would surprise me if any coaching needed to take place.  Trumpsters absolutely *hate* Ted Cruz, and anything short of Ted groveling (which still may not have done the trick) would have elicited boos from them.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 21, 2016, 10:31:10 AM
Actually it would surprise me if any coaching needed to take place.  Trumpsters absolutely *hate* Ted Cruz, and anything short of Ted groveling (which still may not have done the trick) would have elicited boos from them.

Oh fuck. The Trumpsters are going to make me support Ted Cruz in the next Senate race aren't they?

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on July 21, 2016, 10:40:30 AM
Quote from: derspiess on July 21, 2016, 10:31:10 AM

Oh fuck. The Trumpsters are going to make me support Ted Cruz in the next Senate race aren't they?

What's it take to get you to vote for a Republican these days? :P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall