News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legbiter

Quote from: FunkMonk on July 07, 2016, 04:36:06 AM
Re trump's recent tweet of an image floating around white supremacist media showing a star of David with some comments about corruption next to Hillary, all in front of a background of $$$.  Trump said it was a "sherriff star"

And the next day he tweeted a picture of a similar looking star on a Disney Frozen book  :lol: :lol: :lol:

So basically he trolled the media into publicizing his Clinton attack ad for free.  :hmm: :showoff:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

celedhring

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/06/donald-trump-antisemitic-clinton-tweet-saddam-hussein-praise

QuoteTrump did criticize Clinton's conduct in the email scandal, calling her "crooked Hillary" and attacking her for "false statements". However, he seemed to be spend as much energy targeting Chuck Todd, the host of NBC's Meet the Press, for his "sleepy eyes".

:lol:

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DGuller

How does this work in Europe?  I know that on one side you have taxes paying for higher education, but what about the barrier to entry side?  Can anyone go and say "I'd like a higher education, please", or do you have to score in a certain percentile of some entrance exams to get that free education?

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2016, 09:04:57 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 07, 2016, 12:06:15 AM
Clinton is moving towards Sander's position on college tuition.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2016/07/06/clinton_would_make_college_tuition_free_for_families_earning_less_than_125.html

:bleeding: Oh FFS

Meh, unlikely to ever happen as there isn't anything mentioning how it would be funded. We're in the chocolate milk in drinking fountains area.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 07, 2016, 12:26:05 AM
Paid for how?

Pretty sure I posted an article in the last couple of years that pointed out that all the loans and grants the govenrment give out would actually cost less then straight up paying tuition.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

I saw someone write this on fb:

QuoteCall me old-fashioned, but I like the system under which evidence too weak even to present to a grand jury does not, for that reason, occasion a rambling speech by law enforcement of dubious conjectures never to be presented to any fact-finder.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Dude, she got off scot-free.  Be happy about that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on July 07, 2016, 09:37:34 AM
Dude, she got off scot-free.  Be happy about that.

The Republicans got their soundbites.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on July 07, 2016, 09:38:58 AM
Of all things, *that* is what causes you to go all :bleeding: ?

I care about my country and its policies :mellow: Not the stupid shit.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

Not even over here is state college tuition completely free. That said, it's certainly affordable, and we aren't nearly the cheapest Euro country in that regard. There's also a grant system for lower income students that can't afford regular rates. I should know that, because I couldn't have afforded it otherwise (I entered college at a time where my dad was going through a bad streak at work).

garbon

Quote from: celedhring on July 07, 2016, 09:57:51 AM
Not even over here is state college tuition completely free. That said, it's certainly affordable, and we aren't nearly the cheapest Euro country in that regard. There's also a grant system for lower income students that can't afford regular rates. I should know that, because I couldn't have afforded it otherwise (I entered college at a time where my dad was going through a bad streak at work).

Google suggests that Germany is tuition free for public universities.

celedhring

Quote from: garbon on July 07, 2016, 09:59:53 AM
Quote from: celedhring on July 07, 2016, 09:57:51 AM

Google suggests that Germany is tuition free for public universities.

It's not 100% free, afaik, just extremely cheap. You still pay some administrative fees and such.

In Spain you'll typically pay €1000-1500 in fees per year.