2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 20, 2016, 07:13:28 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on June 20, 2016, 07:04:26 PM
And as exciting a VP candidate as Cheney.

He might buy Trump some DC cred (and even that will only be any good if/after he wins), but just about zero electoral boost.

Thing is, Dick Cheney was actually given credence as a competent and well-established insider and policy--a buttress, along with Powell and Rumsfeld, against Dubya the Boy Blunder coking his Administration away, before the dark times...before the empire.

Newt, people already know he's full of shit.  Hell, even his own party doesn't trust him;  he was RINO'd in 2012.

He ran against Romney from the populist right in 2012.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 20, 2016, 08:32:04 PM
He ran against Romney from the populist right in 2012.

So what, so did Rand Paul, dickfuck;  and he lasted longer.  Gingrich ran out of support from the Teabaggers and labeled as a RINO traitor well before the only person left that loved him was Sheldon Adelson.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

FunkMonk

No one worth a damn wants to be known as Trump's Veep stooge so he's having to resort to loser idiot morons, like Newt and Christie, who are virtually the only ones interested in being forever known as short-sighted lackeys in history books to come.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

I bet Palin would do it in a heartbeat.

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Monoriu

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 20, 2016, 09:46:58 PM
True.

So apparently the Trump campaign only has $1.3 million cash on hand??  Compared to Hillary's $42 million.  What the flying fuck???

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/06/20/trump-entered-june-with-just-1-3-million-in-the-bank-while-clinton-sat-on-42-million-war-chest/?postshare=6121466476853224&tid=ss_tw

He has a US$10 billion net worth.  Or so he claims.  He is already 70 years old, and a real shot at the US presidency doesn't come very often.  If he wants to, he can easily lend $100 million to his own campaign, though he may have a cash flow problem as a lot of his assets are probably in real estate. 

Admiral Yi

Less directly interested parties put his net worth at 2 billion.  And people are talking about this year's election costing a billion dollars.

Monoriu

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 20, 2016, 10:21:23 PM
Less directly interested parties put his net worth at 2 billion.  And people are talking about this year's election costing a billion dollars.

Good.  It warms my heart to know that he is in trouble  :menace:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 20, 2016, 09:46:58 PM
So apparently the Trump campaign only has $1.3 million cash on hand??  Compared to Hillary's $42 million.  What the flying fuck???

This is the strategy Team Donald settled upon months ago; he has, by far, run the most cost-effective campaign in terms of amount spent versus return on investment.  Let the media carry the message.

Jeb! raised over $121m.  Like a Liberal Arts education, he has plenty to show for it, now doesn't he? 

Martinus

I hope he selects Newt. After building the wall and kicking out all Muslims, he could build that base on the moon. :contract:

Legbiter

A Brit tried to kill Trump.

QuoteA British man has been detained and charged with attempting to seize a police officer's gun at a Las Vegas rally in order to commit an act of violence against Donald Trump, authorities said on Monday.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/20/donald-trump-assassination-attempt-las-vegas-rally

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

Malthus

Quote from: Legbiter on June 21, 2016, 03:20:38 AM
A Brit tried to kill Trump.

I suggest blocking immigration from Britain until our representatives figure out what the hell is going on.

Also, build a wall across the Atlantic and make the Brits pay for it.
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius