News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaCroix

Quote from: Berkut on June 21, 2016, 04:57:32 PM
Oh, I don't doubt that there is a element of legal corruption in those companies shelling out cash to Clinton to speak. But it is no different than all the other ways that companies funnel money to politicians in the relatively reasonable hope that their investment will be paid back and then some.

I just think it is silly to single Clinton out. When someone does see, it is clear that their objection is not really about corruption, but rather just using it as a tool advance their agenda otherwise, since there are a lot more problematic means of corruption out there. If the objection is to Clinton taking money on principle, then Beebs would be complaining about all those other means as well, and so would all the people bleating about the Clintons.

The idea of any Trump supporter having anything to say about corruption is just laughable.

:yes:

especially the part in bold. it really seems like some people (not necessarily anyone in this thread) think company X paying $$$ to politician = basically a brief case full of cash slid under the table with an actual agreement (express or implied) that the politician will actively do something the company wants because of the payoff. essentially, a contract with politicians literally bought and acting in service of companies. on the national political level, this might infrequently happen here and there with a small number of politicians, but not to the extent some people think. companies can (and should) try to influence politicians all they want, but that doesn't mean it's always effective, nor does it mean the politicians are enslaved even if there is some influence.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on June 21, 2016, 03:48:07 PM
Let's not forget that the donors were not just any foreign governments, but some of the most vile human rights violators like Saudi Arabia.

You mean to tell me that because of Clinton Saudi money went to a charity that is treating people with AIDs in Africa rather then to Radical clerics preaching hate?  For shame!  This is the most monstrous thing I've ever heard of.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

CNN poll only has Clinton up by 5, 47-42. :thumbsdown:

Best news is she has 8 point lead (11?) in Florida.  Tied in Ohio and Pennsylvania.

Tied in Utah.  Jaronimo, get to work.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on June 21, 2016, 03:36:44 PM
Random internet rumours has Michelle Bachman as a possible VP nomination.

CountDeMoney

Let's not forget that the donors were not just any foreign governments, but some of the most vile human rights violators like Saudi Arabia.

Yeah...not going to get a whole lot of traction on that one at $2.19 a gallon.

Jacob

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on June 21, 2016, 07:27:12 PM
Chomsky

So incredibly brilliant and a body of accomplished works that are truly fascinating to read.  As long as it's not politics.  :lol:

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

And this is unusual how? The Saudis have been dumping money on us for fifty years.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Legbiter

Trump has now assumed his final form.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/transcript-trump-speech-on-the-stakes-of-the-election-224654

This speech is Trump fully armed and operational. This is what he'll campaign on in the GE.  :showoff:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

garbon

His final form is repeating all the things that have ever been said about Clinton? /apparently laying blame on everything that happened on the ME on Clinton? :D
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Quote from: garbon on June 22, 2016, 01:43:09 PM
His final form is repeating all the things that have ever been said about Clinton? /apparently laying blame on everything that happened on the ME on Clinton? :D

Well, yeah.  The strikes against Hillary are about as obvious as the strikes against Trump.

An interesting transcript to read.  It's obviously pre-written, since it sounds nothing like Trump's standard unscripted stump speech.  I'd be curious to hear how he pulls it off (my prediction - badly).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Barrister on June 22, 2016, 01:47:55 PM
Well, yeah.  The strikes against Hillary are about as obvious as the strikes against Trump.

An interesting transcript to read.  It's obviously pre-written, since it sounds nothing like Trump's standard unscripted stump speech.  I'd be curious to hear how he pulls it off (my prediction - badly).

Another clue that it's pre-written, for those able to part the veil, is that we're reading it.  ^_^

It is a good speech.

Berkut

Yeah, a lot of the bitches he has about Clinton and the current problems we are facing are accurate.

The idea that *he* is the guy to fix them is rather preposterous.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

FunkMonk

Quote from: Legbiter on June 22, 2016, 01:36:02 PM
Trump has now assumed his final form.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/transcript-trump-speech-on-the-stakes-of-the-election-224654

This speech is Trump fully armed and operational. This is what he'll campaign on in the GE.  :showoff:

As a Trump fan, you should understand his true appeal is NOT sounding like a DC establishment insider and NOT using a teleprompter. I'm surprised at you.  :(

He needs fewer of these speeches and more barnstorming antics. Fortunately, Lord Priebus can't keep a muzzle on Donald long enough before Donnie swallows it and shits out a new nugget for the media to chew on.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.