2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Phillip V on June 15, 2016, 12:58:31 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 15, 2016, 12:42:01 PM
Quote from: Legbiter on June 15, 2016, 12:39:27 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 15, 2016, 12:33:58 PM
The "good" news is that RCP's rolling poll average has Clinton up by 4 points, and with the most recent polls having her up by even more (12 points in one poll).

Cool that's the Obama bounce.

I think it's more the winning the nomination bounce, like Trump got in May.

Agree.  Clinton will get the Obama bounce once he gets in campaign mode and starts barnstorming the country.  If Sanders gets onboard, Clinton will have the strongest surrogate team ever:  Barack-Bill-Bernie

I can't see Sanders stumping for Hillary.

He'll probably drop out of the race at some point (though it's still surprising he hasn't yet).  He may give her access to all the email and phone numbers he raised money from.  But to actually get in front of a crowd and ask them to vote for Hillary?  I don't see it.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Phillip V

Quote from: Barrister on June 15, 2016, 01:02:02 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on June 15, 2016, 12:58:31 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 15, 2016, 12:42:01 PM
Quote from: Legbiter on June 15, 2016, 12:39:27 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 15, 2016, 12:33:58 PM
The "good" news is that RCP's rolling poll average has Clinton up by 4 points, and with the most recent polls having her up by even more (12 points in one poll).

Cool that's the Obama bounce.

I think it's more the winning the nomination bounce, like Trump got in May.

Agree.  Clinton will get the Obama bounce once he gets in campaign mode and starts barnstorming the country.  If Sanders gets onboard, Clinton will have the strongest surrogate team ever:  Barack-Bill-Bernie

I can't see Sanders stumping for Hillary.

He'll probably drop out of the race at some point (though it's still surprising he hasn't yet).  He may give her access to all the email and phone numbers he raised money from.  But to actually get in front of a crowd and ask them to vote for Hillary?  I don't see it.

What else is Sanders going to do with his remaining life?  His general election campaigning can be anti-Trump and pro-platform, not necessarily pro-Clinton.

Barrister

Quote from: Phillip V on June 15, 2016, 01:26:12 PM
What else is Sanders going to do with his remaining life?  His general election campaigning can be anti-Trump and pro-platform, not necessarily pro-Clinton.

The same stuff he's been doing for the prior 70+ years.  Remember this is a guy who only joined the Democratic Party to run for President - he's still listed as an Independent in the official US Senate roles.  Party loyalty is not a big deal for Sanders.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on June 15, 2016, 01:29:35 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on June 15, 2016, 01:26:12 PM

The same stuff he's been doing for the prior 70+ years.  Remember this is a guy who only joined the Democratic Party to run for President - he's still listed as an Independent in the official US Senate roles.  Party loyalty is not a big deal for Sanders.

Sanders has already noted a few times recently that he wants to do what he can to prevent Trump from becoming president.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

Quote from: derspiess on June 15, 2016, 12:45:55 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 15, 2016, 12:30:46 PM
Quote from: derspiess on June 15, 2016, 12:28:24 PM
Quote from: Barrister on June 15, 2016, 12:17:46 PM
It astounds me that your hispanic immigrant wife would consider voting for Trump.

She knows he was only talking about illegals.

Oh like when he said a Mexican-American judge (born in Indiana) couldn't be objective?

Who?  The La Raza guy?

Are you just taking up the Marty troll mantle?
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Admiral Yi

It has been ages since I heard Stephen Colbert's name mentioned.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

Quote from: Phillip V on June 15, 2016, 10:41:11 PM
Japanese Donald Trump commercial  :hmm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbM6WbUw7Bs

:lol:

For those who don't know, the Japanese shown at the end means "Trump Banzai" or "Long Live Trump".

CountDeMoney