News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

She doesn't dislike all Mexicans, just the illegal ones.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Jacob

Quote from: garbon on June 15, 2016, 10:13:58 AM
Quote from: derspiess on June 15, 2016, 09:58:51 AM
I'm familiar with one woman who recently decided she wanted to vote for Trump :ph34r:

Ah anecdotes. Always better than polling.

Spicy has long proclaimed that his wife votes the way he instructs her as long as he buys her a pair of shoes. Presumably that still holds in this election.

Berkut

My wife would consider beating me with a pair of shoes if she thought I was "instructing" her on how to do much of anything, much less express her political will.

I am sure spicy would hate her.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Legbiter

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 15, 2016, 10:07:37 AMI too agree that Donald is flying by the seat of his pants. It makes this whole disaster even more enjoyable  :lol:

All I see is cool calculation.

And when it comes to unfavorability, you don't need to outrun the bear. You only need to outrun your camping buddy.  :hmm:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on June 15, 2016, 11:26:12 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 15, 2016, 10:13:58 AM
Quote from: derspiess on June 15, 2016, 09:58:51 AM
I'm familiar with one woman who recently decided she wanted to vote for Trump :ph34r:

Ah anecdotes. Always better than polling.

Spicy has long proclaimed that his wife votes the way he instructs her as long as he buys her a pair of shoes. Presumably that still holds in this election.

Well, I was going to put it to you guys-- should I 'encourage' her to vote for Johnson, or should I let her vote her conscience?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

It astounds me that your hispanic immigrant wife would consider voting for Trump.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on June 15, 2016, 12:17:46 PM
It astounds me that your hispanic immigrant wife would consider voting for Trump.

My uncle married a hispanic immigrant (she had her citizenship test when I was a teen) / into a hispanic immigrant family and he supports Trump. :wacko:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

More Trump watching fun:

Trump says people who don't report their neighbours for engaging in suspicious activities should be punished: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-orlando-san-bernardino_us_575f1802e4b0e4fe51435eb2

Observations from a Trump rally: https://storify.com/case_face/a-trump-rally-in-greensboro-anger-in-here-is-palpa

Jacob

I suppose she expects to be declared "one of the good ones" during Trump rule.

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on June 15, 2016, 11:40:01 AM
My wife would consider beating me with a pair of shoes if she thought I was "instructing" her on how to do much of anything, much less express her political will.

I am sure spicy would hate her.

I'm sure she's lovely.  My wife is just extremely cynical about voting because she came from a country where voting is kind of pointless most of the time.  She otherwise wouldn't vote, and doesn't feel put out by me suggesting who she vote for.

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on June 15, 2016, 12:21:28 PM

I suppose she expects to be declared "one of the good ones" during Trump rule.

We already got a certificate.

FunkMonk

Quote from: Legbiter on June 15, 2016, 12:14:35 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on June 15, 2016, 10:07:37 AMI too agree that Donald is flying by the seat of his pants. It makes this whole disaster even more enjoyable  :lol:

All I see is cool calculation.

And when it comes to unfavorability, you don't need to outrun the bear. You only need to outrun your camping buddy.  :hmm:

Ah, I get it! :wink:
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

derspiess

She knows he was only talking about illegals.

garbon

Quote from: derspiess on June 15, 2016, 12:28:24 PM

She knows he was only talking about illegals.

Oh like when he said a Mexican-American judge (born in Indiana) couldn't be objective?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.