Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FunkMonk

Quote from: derspiess on June 15, 2016, 08:42:38 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 14, 2016, 11:30:45 PM
Quote from: Jacob on June 14, 2016, 11:13:11 PM
So apparently Trump suspects that US soldiers stole money that were going to Iraqi reconstruction: https://youtu.be/DoAriULv1P8

Also I find this interview with senior campaign staff (two campaign managers and a communications director) from the Rubio, Cruz, and Bush primary campaigns fairly interesting.

"Who does Trump end up picking as a running mate? Dennis Rodman? The ShamWow guy?"

The ShamWow guy was born in Israel and is therefore ineligible.

Goddammit  :(
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

FunkMonk

QuoteWhen asked to assess the responses of the presumptive nominees for President, Americans are divided on Hillary Clinton's response to the attack, while ratings of Trump are more negative. 51 percent of Americans disapprove of the way Trump is responding to the Orlando attack, while just 25 percent approve
:lol: :lol:
Maybe taking credit for "calling it", insulting Americans, and insinuating the President of the United States is in cahoots with terrorists is not very popular with the electorate. 

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/orlando-mass-shooting-poll-trump-obama-clinton-reaction/

Legbiter

Quote from: FunkMonk on June 15, 2016, 09:23:22 AM
QuoteWhen asked to assess the responses of the presumptive nominees for President, Americans are divided on Hillary Clinton's response to the attack, while ratings of Trump are more negative. 51 percent of Americans disapprove of the way Trump is responding to the Orlando attack, while just 25 percent approve
Maybe taking credit for "calling it", insulting Americans, and insinuating the President of the United States is in cahoots with terrorists is not very popular with the electorate. 

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/orlando-mass-shooting-poll-trump-obama-clinton-reaction/

Clinton should be getting a poll bounce about now since Obama endorsed her. But Trump just stuck in a persuasion harpoon that'll now start ticking because of confirmation bias in receptive voters.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Legbiter

Quote from: Martinus on June 15, 2016, 07:41:48 AM
Trump makes a good point about Hillary:

QuoteHillary Clinton talks about women...she plays the woman card more than any human being I've ever seen in my life and frankly, I don't even think women like her from everything I see. And yet, she's taking 25 million dollars from certain countries...that treat women horrendously, that kill gays and you know what's going to happen...lets call for Hillary and Bill Clinton to give back the 25 plus million dollars to the countries we're talking about.

Her amoral "practicality" bordering on sociopathy is bit unnerving yes. If only it were coupled with competence and stamina.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

garbon

Quote from: Legbiter on June 15, 2016, 09:35:03 AM
Clinton should be getting a poll bounce about now since Obama endorsed her.

Well polls have been showing her pull away. And then you have polls like the one from yesterday where 63% of women said they would never vote for Trump in this election. :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

I'm familiar with one woman who recently decided she wanted to vote for Trump :ph34r:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on June 15, 2016, 09:58:51 AM
I'm familiar with one woman who recently decided she wanted to vote for Trump :ph34r:

How dare you say you know better what women want than a gay guy and a single guy living with cats???

FunkMonk

Quote from: Legbiter on June 15, 2016, 09:35:03 AM
Quote from: FunkMonk on June 15, 2016, 09:23:22 AM

Clinton should be getting a poll bounce about now since Obama endorsed her. But Trump just stuck in a persuasion harpoon that'll now start ticking because of confirmation bias in receptive voters.

I too agree that Donald is flying by the seat of his pants. It makes this whole disaster even more enjoyable  :lol:

garbon

Ah anecdotes. Always better than polling.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on June 15, 2016, 10:13:58 AM

Wasn't contesting the polling; just throwing that in there ;)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on June 15, 2016, 10:32:47 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 15, 2016, 10:13:58 AM

Wasn't contesting the polling; just throwing that in there ;)

Is it your wife? Man Argentinians sure do dislike Mexicans.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: Martinus on June 15, 2016, 07:41:48 AM
Trump makes a good point about Hillary:

QuoteHillary Clinton talks about women...she plays the woman card more than any human being I've ever seen in my life and frankly, I don't even think women like her from everything I see. And yet, she's taking 25 million dollars from certain countries...that treat women horrendously, that kill gays and you know what's going to happen...lets call for Hillary and Bill Clinton to give back the 25 plus million dollars to the countries we're talking about.

Just wondering, is there any level of meaningless trolling stupidity that Trump could possibly utter that wouldn't prompt you to "retweet" as some golden pearl of wisdom? 
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

derspiess

katmai

Quote from: Valmy on June 15, 2016, 10:38:15 AM

Is it your wife? Man Argentinians sure do dislike Mexicans.
feeling is mutual.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son