And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Martinus

The Donald released a statement about the attacks:

QuoteLast night, our nation was attacked by a radical Islamic terrorist. It was the worst terrorist attack on our soil since 9/11, and the second of its kind in 6 months. My deepest sympathy and support goes out to the victims, the wounded, and their families.

In his remarks today, President Obama disgracefully refused to even say the words 'Radical Islam'. For that reason alone, he should step down. If Hillary Clinton, after this attack, still cannot say the two words 'Radical Islam' she should get out of this race for the Presidency.

If we do not get tough and smart real fast, we are not going to have a country anymore. Because our leaders are weak, I said this was going to happen – and it is only going to get worse. I am trying to save lives and prevent the next terrorist attack. We can't afford to be politically correct anymore.

The terrorist, Omar Mir Saddique Mateen, is the son of an immigrant from Afghanistan who openly published his support for the Afghanistani Taliban and even tried to run for President of Afghanistan. According to Pew, 99% of people in Afghanistan support oppressive Sharia Law.

We admit more than 100,000 lifetime migrants from the Middle East each year. Since 9/11, hundreds of migrants and their children have been implicated in terrorism in the United States.

Hillary Clinton wants to dramatically increase admissions from the Middle East, bringing in many hundreds of thousands during a first term – and we will have no way to screen them, pay for them, or prevent the second generation from radicalizing.

We need to protect all Americans, of all backgrounds and all beliefs, from Radical Islamic Terrorism - which has no place in an open and tolerant society. Radical Islam advocates hate for women, gays, Jews, Christians and all Americans. I am going to be a President for all Americans, and I am going to protect and defend all Americans. We are going to make America safe again and great again for everyone.

- Donald J. Trump

Sounds pretty presidential to me.  :cool:

Valmy

Quote from: Phillip V on June 13, 2016, 02:21:40 AM
The dissatisfaction is unwarranted. 

Yeah these homebrewed nutters are definitely a weakness in the system. Overall I think we are doing a pretty good job.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

:lol:

Quote from: Trump Uses Chris Christie As 'Manservant' To Fetch His McDonald's
Chris Christie, the sitting governor of New Jersey, has been diminished to an errand boy for Donald Trump's campaign, according to a New Yorker report published online on Monday.

"[Christie] has transformed himself into a sort of manservant, who is constantly with Trump at events," Ryan Lizza wrote in the magazine's June 20 issue. Lizza also said one anonymous Republican source told him a friend on Trump's campaign "used Snapchat to send him a video of Christie fetching Trump's McDonald's order."

The piece, which traces Republicans coming to terms with Trump as the presumptive nominee, is the latest humiliation for Christie since he became a prominent surrogate for the businessman's campaign.

After appearing on camera with a panicked, deer-in-the-headlights look in his eyes for much of a Super Tuesday press conference with Trump in March, Christie was forced to hold a presser of his own to clarify, "No, I wasn't being held hostage."

During a campaign event last month in New Jersey, Trump commanded Christie, who was off camera, to stop eating Oreo cookies.

Read the full story over at The New Yorker.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Saw this online somewhere :lol:

From the most recent PPP Georgia Poll:

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 13, 2016, 06:57:22 PM

Quote from: Trump Uses Chris Christie As 'Manservant' To Fetch His McDonald's
Chris Christie, the sitting governor of New Jersey, has been diminished to an errand boy for Donald Trump's campaign, according to a New Yorker report published online on Monday.

"[Christie] has transformed himself into a sort of manservant, who is constantly with Trump at events," Ryan Lizza wrote in the magazine's June 20 issue. Lizza also said one anonymous Republican source told him a friend on Trump's campaign "used Snapchat to send him a video of Christie fetching Trump's McDonald's order."

The piece, which traces Republicans coming to terms with Trump as the presumptive nominee, is the latest humiliation for Christie since he became a prominent surrogate for the businessman's campaign.

After appearing on camera with a panicked, deer-in-the-headlights look in his eyes for much of a Super Tuesday press conference with Trump in March, Christie was forced to hold a presser of his own to clarify, "No, I wasn't being held hostage."

During a campaign event last month in New Jersey, Trump commanded Christie, who was off camera, to stop eating Oreo cookies.

Read the full story over at The New Yorker.

As I told Fireblade on Facebook, sending Chris Christie to collect your lunch is a bit like sending Bill Cosby to collect your narcoleptic teenage daughter - there is a risk it may not come to you intact.

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

Legbiter

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 13, 2016, 06:57:22 PMDuring a campaign event last month in New Jersey, Trump commanded Christie, who was off camera, to stop eating Oreo cookies.

:thumbsup:

MAGA  :showoff:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

DGuller

I guess Christie is a Claudius character to Trump's Caligula character.  It didn't work out too badly for Claudius in the end, so maybe that's what Christie is shooting for?  :hmm:

Malthus

Quote from: DGuller on June 14, 2016, 08:55:40 AM
I guess Christie is a Claudius character to Trump's Caligula character.  It didn't work out too badly for Claudius in the end, so maybe that's what Christie is shooting for?  :hmm:

All Christie needs now is a Praetorian Guard ...
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Savonarola

Donald Trump revokes Washington Post press credentials

QuoteDonald Trump says he is "revoking" the Washington Post's press access at his campaign events because the newspaper is "phony and dishonest."

In case you think life has passed you by; Trump has just proven that you're never too old to be Holden Caulfield.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Minsky Moment

Siege - if you are following, this is what a "petulant child" looks like
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Monoriu

Quote from: Savonarola on June 14, 2016, 10:11:16 AM
Donald Trump revokes Washington Post press credentials

QuoteDonald Trump says he is "revoking" the Washington Post's press access at his campaign events because the newspaper is "phony and dishonest."

In case you think life has passed you by; Trump has just proven that you're never too old to be Holden Caulfield.

:bleeding:  I need to revoke the assumption that, since Donald Trump has done so many outrageous things, he can no longer sink to new lows.