News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on May 13, 2016, 12:11:28 AM
If Clinton is that terrible, then why is she handily beating Sanders?  Both in pledged delegates (the kind Sanders cares about) and in total votes?

The extent that Clinton is in trouble will be known on June 7th.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

I was reading a piece on how many independents may not be able to vote in California;  while the Democratic primary is open to people unaffiliated with any party, there are a ton of people registered with the "Independent Party", which is substantially right-wing--and "independents" may have erroneously registered as "Independents."

How much that could hurt Bernie, who knows.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on May 13, 2016, 09:41:22 AM
Quote from: viper37 on May 13, 2016, 09:31:14 AM
I don't know... Trump wants to tax the rich and destroy free trade, that's at least two of Bernie's proposals right there, from a supposedly right-wing candidate.  ;)

His tax plan is pretty similar to Cruz actually. But true on the other point.

He's re-writing his tax plan.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/donald-trump-taxes-tax-reform-223041
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

So the latest Trump drama is that the Washington Post released an audio recording from 1991 from Trump spokesman John Miller talking about Marla Maples or some such.  Except "John Miller" sounds a hell of a lot like Trump.

Trump goes on the Today show and denies that it's him.

Redstate though, for what its worth, says (but does not cite) that he's admitted in court in the past to pretending to be his own publicist John Miller.

:lol: :frusty:

Edit: forgot the link

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/05/13/trump-now-denies-documented-fact-alter-ego/
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

celedhring

Listened to about a minute of that clip. The audio quality is so shitty that I really can't tell if it's him.

CountDeMoney

Meh, it wasn't that much of a secret in Mahattan circles back then;  it's just nobody cared.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on May 13, 2016, 11:40:53 AM
So the latest Trump drama is that the Washington Post released an audio recording from 1991 from Trump spokesman John Miller talking about Marla Maples or some such.  Except "John Miller" sounds a hell of a lot like Trump.

Trump goes on the Today show and denies that it's him.

Redstate though, for what its worth, says (but does not cite) that he's admitted in court in the past to pretending to be his own publicist John Miller.

:lol: :frusty:

Edit: forgot the link

http://www.redstate.com/leon_h_wolf/2016/05/13/trump-now-denies-documented-fact-alter-ego/

Dunno if that was Trump or not, but it definitely hurt my ears trying to listen.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

All signs point to liberal hippy paradise Oregon voting for Clinton on Tuesday. If that happens, it will be such a morale buster to Comrade Sanders that he'll probably give up right then and there.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

derspiess

Doesn't everyone have an alter ego?  Mine is Ted Brogan.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jaron

Chaos in Nevada!

Hillary won the first caucus, Bernie won the second round because Hillary delegates didn't show up. At the state convention, a bunch of Bernie bros disqualified themselves by unregistering as Democrats after New York in disgust of the "fixed election". Shocked when they learned they couldn't be delegates to the Nevada Democratic Convention unless they were registered Democrats. Hillary takes Nevada!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Valmy

Why would they leave the Nevada Democratic Party because of what the New York Democratic Party did? They do realize those are two separate organizations run by different people right? :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

citizen k

Barbara Boxer TROLLS Bernie Sanders Supporters at Nevada Democratic Convention
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeqGvsu44Ec

Admiral Yi

Yay!  :lol:

What's a California senator from Brooklyn doing at the NV caucus?