News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Quote from: Tonitrus on May 10, 2016, 11:57:31 PM
Gingrich might be a good, political-DC-operator choice...but a general election killer.

He'd be kind of a Dick Cheney-esque choice, but with far more baggage, and far less charisma (or more negative charisma, depending on how you look at it).

On what do you base the last part? From what I have seen of both of the men, Gingrich seems much more charismatic than Cheney to me. They are both assholes, but I would much rather have a beer with Gingrich than Cheney, who looks to me like a soulless and pitiless apparatchik.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on May 10, 2016, 04:34:48 PM
Quote from: Valmy on May 10, 2016, 04:12:47 PM
And I will certainly suck it up and vote for Bernie if I have to. He may have ideas I loathe but at least he is an experienced statesmen.

Man you have slid hard to the left.

Probably. I don't want to bankrupt the government, rip up all of our treaties, and go back to the gold standard. :(

However if Sanders was elected most of the damage he could do is internationally since Congress wouldn't let him jack up taxes and introduce all those new social programs, and I think he is more likely to see reason than Trump. But it probably doesn't matter. Hillary should win the nomination.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Legbiter

QuoteDonald Trump's support has surged and he is now running nearly even with Democrat Hillary Clinton among likely U.S. voters, a dramatic turnaround since he became the Republican party's presumptive presidential nominee, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll released on Wednesday.

The results could signal a close fight between the two likely White House rivals as Americans make up their minds ahead of the Nov. 8 election to succeed Democratic President Barack Obama. As recently as last week, Clinton led Trump by around 13 points in the poll.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll-idUSKCN0Y21TN?feedType=RSS&feedName=topNews&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Martinus

I just came here to post the same reuters story. :P

Admiral Yi

The Grand Imperial Kuck is saying Donald's refusal to release his tax records disqualifies him from the presidency.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Monoriu on May 10, 2016, 09:19:28 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 10, 2016, 08:11:55 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on May 10, 2016, 07:24:08 PM
:blink:

Rick Perry is a retard.

He was the governor of Texas for quite some time, not some random guy on the street.  I would have expected that he is smarter than that.  We are not talking about "if raising taxes is good", which is always debatable.  We are talking about if the US should default.  That's firmly in crazy territory.  It is like asking if it is a good idea to launch a nuclear missle at Moscow unprovoked.

He's also pretty dumb, even by GOP presidential candidate standards, so it's hard to take him seriously. I'd be more surprised if he didn't say something stupid.
https://youtu.be/0uvmKnFY4uk?t=20
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Valmy

He only became governor because he was Dubya's right hand man. Nobody even thought about him but then you assholes elected Dubya President and we were stuck with his corrupt incompetent ass for years. But, to be fair, I would take him back now.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Oh, by all means.  I'd pay for several one way bus tickets to Canada.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Savonarola

Actual news story:

Elizabeth Warren gives Trump a dose of his own medicine on Twitter

Oh.  Good.  If there's one thing this election has been missing it's a Twitter spat.  When people say that a Trump presidency is going to destroy civilization, is that an argument for or against Trump?  :unsure:
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

alfred russel

Quote from: Legbiter on May 12, 2016, 04:18:24 AM
Quote from: derspiess on May 11, 2016, 10:24:23 PM
Oh, by all means.  I'd pay for several one way bus tickets to Canada.

:thumbsup:

That realtor is based in West Texas. In that part of the country, the people leaving because of a Trump election may not be what derspeiss is referring to: they may not be leaving by choice, and may not be going to Canada.  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Eddie Teach

I hear Trump lost a popularity contest to head lice and Nickelback.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

viper37

That's a good reason to vote Trump, I guess.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.