News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: DGuller on May 10, 2016, 09:26:27 PM
The amazing thing about this nickname is that it's as clever for the thousandth time as it was the first time.  :thumbsup:

You always seem to be under the false impression that I'm trying to impress you.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Monoriu on May 10, 2016, 09:19:28 PM
He was the governor of Texas for quite some time, not some random guy on the street.  I would have expected that he is smarter than that.  We are not talking about "if raising taxes is good", which is always debatable.  We are talking about if the US should default.  That's firmly in crazy territory.  It is like asking if it is a good idea to launch a nuclear missle at Moscow unprovoked. 

I'd like to hear the actual quote.  Not that I don't trust Yi, of course.  I searched for it and could only find recent quotes from Perry kissing Trump's ass in hopes of a VP spot.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

I heard it on CNN.  They showed a clip.

derspiess

DGuller

Quote from: derspiess on May 10, 2016, 09:27:30 PM
Quote from: DGuller on May 10, 2016, 09:26:27 PM
The amazing thing about this nickname is that it's as clever for the thousandth time as it was the first time.  :thumbsup:

You always seem to be under the false impression that I'm trying to impress you.
:huh: Believe me, I always gave you the benefit of the doubt and assumed that you were never trying to impress anyone, at anything.

derspiess

Burn.

Anywho, a WV exit poll found that half of Bernie voters would have voted Trump had they been able to :lol:

katmai

Quote from: derspiess on May 10, 2016, 09:13:35 PM
Thanks to whomever pinned this thread.  Took me a few minutes to find it.

:bowler:
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

derspiess

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 10, 2016, 09:40:07 PM
On it!

Couldn't do it boss. :weep:

All I could find was articles about Rick Perry saying he is "absolutely open" to being Der Donald's VP.

jimmy olsen

Who might these five or six be?  :hmm:

Christie and Gingrich are in there for sure. Maybe governor LePage of Maine.

I hope he does makes a crazy pick out of the blue though, like Jim Webb or something.

QuoteJUST IN: @AP Interview: Trump says he's narrowed potential VPs to 5 or 6 experienced politicians, has not ruled out Christie.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Admiral Yi

Oh yeah, also heard that the head of the Veepcom is now the campaign manager, dude who tore off that chick reporter's arm and beat her on the head with it.

Tonitrus

Gingrich might be a good, political-DC-operator choice...but a general election killer.

He'd be kind of a Dick Cheney-esque choice, but with far more baggage, and far less charisma (or more negative charisma, depending on how you look at it).

Eddie Teach

Quote from: jimmy olsen on May 10, 2016, 10:43:14 PM
I hope he does makes a crazy pick out of the blue though, like Jim Webb or something.

Not crazy enough. How about Hastert?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.