And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 11:16:51 AM
Wow, Redstate sounds very delusional.

You have an odd definition of delusional.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

FunkMonk

The Donald has destroyed the GOP establishment and now can reconstitute its platform as he sees fit. His influence will weigh heavy on the party for years to come, for good or ill. 

The party will continue, no doubt. The question is what it will become (or has already become) . A vehicle for Trump worship?
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 11:18:32 AM
They are right on Kasich planning to drop out tonight.
Holy crap!  So does that mean Trump has clinched the nomination? :o

Martinus

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on May 04, 2016, 11:27:30 AM

Who would have thought? :P

Barrister

He's not formally the nominee until the convention, but yeah, it sure seems so.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jaron

I suspect Trump has little to offer the Berniebros.

They are convinced anyone who makes over 250,000 a year is their enemy. Trump also spews speech they believe to be xenophobic, racist and sexist. These things are like poison to Bernie bros. Breitbart only really caters to ultra conservatives and right wingers. Their usual news stories are: "Illegal Mexicans are destroying the US", "Obama is a Muslim", "Obama did this horrible thing. Click here to read more." and something about transgenders.

The Bernie bros will probably either fall in line with Clinton to stop Trump or vote third party.

I think Trump would get very nasty with the Bernie in the general if it came to that, but he is sweet talking Bernie bros because he wants to try to pick up some of those voters. They respond very well to the "election is fixed. It was stolen from Bernie" rhetoric. They are like a fine tuned instrument. If you know what sound you want to hear then it is as easy as knowing which string to pluck.

Winner of THE grumbler point.

alfred russel

Quote from: Barrister on May 03, 2016, 09:39:25 PM
So Dorsey, do you have anything to say? :) :weep:

I acknowledge that things don't appear to be going the way I expected and I didn't expect them to get this far.

However, I did suggest that in the unlikely event they did get this far, there would yet be the possibility of keeping Trump from being the nominee. When Trump is actually nominated, I'll fall on my sword and admit that I was totally wrong, you were right, etc. Though things are not looking up for me at them moment, the game hasn't played out just yet.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Martinus

Quote from: Jaron on May 04, 2016, 11:30:14 AM
I suspect Trump has little to offer the Berniebros.

They are convinced anyone who makes over 250,000 a year is their enemy. Trump also spews speech they believe to be xenophobic, racist and sexist. These things are like poison to Bernie bros. Breitbart only really caters to ultra conservatives and right wingers. Their usual news stories are: "Illegal Mexicans are destroying the US", "Obama is a Muslim", "Obama did this horrible thing. Click here to read more." and something about transgenders.

The Bernie bros will probably either fall in line with Clinton to stop Trump or vote third party.

I think Trump would get very nasty with the Bernie in the general if it came to that, but he is sweet talking Bernie bros because he wants to try to pick up some of those voters. They respond very well to the "election is fixed. It was stolen from Bernie" rhetoric. They are like a fine tuned instrument. If you know what sound you want to hear then it is as easy as knowing which string to pluck.

He can make an offer to them on trade and economy. Media are mainly reporting Trump when he is talking about immigration, Islam or international politics, but he really spends a lot of time talking about bringing back jobs and renegotiating international trade deals. BernieBros could be attracted to that.

Martinus

Quote from: Barrister on May 04, 2016, 11:28:49 AM

He's not formally the nominee until the convention, but yeah, it sure seems so.

Incidentally, if he is the only candidate left, do they go ahead with primaries with only him on the ballot or just assume he gets all the delegates that there are to get.

Martinus

Quote from: alfred russel on May 04, 2016, 11:30:42 AM

I acknowledge that things don't appear to be going the way I expected and I didn't expect them to get this far.

However, I did suggest that in the unlikely event they did get this far, there would yet be the possibility of keeping Trump from being the nominee. When Trump is actually nominated, I'll fall on my sword and admit that I was totally wrong, you were right, etc. Though things are not looking up for me at them moment, the game hasn't played out just yet.

Why would anyone in GOP who is not insane would want to stop Trump at the moment?

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 11:33:23 AM
Incidentally, if he is the only candidate left, do they go ahead with primaries with only him on the ballot or just assume he gets all the delegates that there are to get.
Primaries still go on, they're just not very contested.

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 11:33:57 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on May 04, 2016, 11:30:42 AM

Why would anyone in GOP who is not insane would want to stop Trump at the moment?

Quote"I'm gonna tell you what I really think of Donald Trump: This man is a pathological liar," Cruz said. "He doesn't know the difference between truth and lies. He lies practically every word that comes out of his mouth, and in a pattern that I think is straight out of a psychology textbook, his response is to accuse everybody else of lying."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/05/ted-cruz-jfk-assassination-trump-222736#ixzz47hp6qHE5
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on May 04, 2016, 11:33:23 AM

Keep going. California likes to at least pretend it is relevant in national politics.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Martinus

So, in other words, Dorsey's "there would yet be the possibility of keeping Trump from being the nominee" is purely delusional and simply sour grapes/inability to admit he was so so wrong?