News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

I will leave the US if someone gives me a couple of million bucks.  I am just saying.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

jimmy olsen

Trump rolls. :weep:

Nixon said it best, "if there's a movement to stop X, put your money on X."
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Grinning_Colossus

If you were a sushi chef, what would you put in a Trump roll?
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on April 26, 2016, 07:10:25 PM
If you were a sushi chef, what would you put in a Trump roll?

Orange roughy.

SHAZAAM

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 26, 2016, 05:17:40 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 26, 2016, 05:15:29 PM
He has more than 25% of the delegates. That allows him to publish a disenting platform and purpose all sorts if rule changes and things at the convention. Hillary didn't in 08 because she didn't really have an ideological beef with Obama, but Sanders certainly will go for it.

Off the top of your head, can you name anything in Jesse Jackson's minority platform?

edit: Or for that matter, can you name anything from any platform--minority or majority, winning or losing?

Platforms are perfectly irrelevant documents that not even the most hard core political junky pays any attention to.

Jackson was not a sitting senator.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 26, 2016, 07:21:26 PM
Trump got 61% of men and 55% of women in PA. :bleeding:

WTF were you expecting in Pennsyltucky, numbnuts?

Admiral Yi

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 26, 2016, 07:20:26 PM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 26, 2016, 05:17:40 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 26, 2016, 05:15:29 PM
He has more than 25% of the delegates. That allows him to publish a disenting platform and purpose all sorts if rule changes and things at the convention. Hillary didn't in 08 because she didn't really have an ideological beef with Obama, but Sanders certainly will go for it.

Off the top of your head, can you name anything in Jesse Jackson's minority platform?

edit: Or for that matter, can you name anything from any platform--minority or majority, winning or losing?

Platforms are perfectly irrelevant documents that not even the most hard core political junky pays any attention to.

Jackson was not a sitting senator.

Move to strike as nonresponsive.

jimmy olsen

Exit polls are looking accurate so far

QuoteFirst* wave exits (so salt profusely):

MD—Trump 52%, Kas 25%, Cruz 21%
CT—Trump: 57%, Kas 26%, Cruz 15
PA—Trump: 58%, Cruz 22%, Kas 17%

1 Karma Chameleon point

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

CountDeMoney

Mobtown, My Mobtown

QuoteCatherine Pugh campaign blames misunderstanding for upset Baltimore workers
Baltimore residents seeking election day jobs from Pugh campaign upset. Spokesman blames misunderstanding.

April 26, 2016 - Baltimore Sun

Some Baltimore residents who expected to work for state Sen. Catherine Pugh's mayoral campaign Tuesday instead damaged vehicles outside of her campaign headquarters after being told there were no jobs available.

A spokesman for Pugh's campaign called it a misunderstanding. Anthony McCarthy, the spokesman, said Pugh decided "they will be paid" regardless.

A crowd of about 100 people lined the block outside Sandi's Learning Center on North Ellamont Street, many of them saying they were promised election day jobs.

About a dozen police officers were on the scene and two security guards were at the door. Police said they responded for a report of property destruction.

The front windshield of a van had been smashed and tires were slashed. On another van, the driver's side window had been broken.

Police made one arrest: charging Jerome Eric Tuggle, 53, of Baltimore, with destruction of property in connection with the incident, according to department spokesman T.J. Smith.

"The suspect used a rock or a brick to break out the window on a security vehicle in the area," Smith said.

Many in line had showed up late and had missed training sessions, McCarthy said, so they were told they were not eligible to work.

Upon hearing about the disturbance, Pugh ordered that anyone who wanted to work would be allowed to, McCarthy said.

All of them were being bused to polling sites to work, he said.

Mecca Wakil, 31, a hair stylist, rearranged clients to make an extra $100 to work for the Pugh campaign Tuesday. But when she and others arrived around 5 a.m., she said all of the jobs were taken.

She said many in the crowd had gone through an orientation and filled out applications this month. Some were recruited to work during early voting events. Some in the crowd got angry and beat on the doors, she said.

Windows of two nearby vans were broken and tires were slashed. But later in the morning, the crowd was calm and had formed a single-file line around the block as more people were allowed inside Pugh's headquarters.

Wakil said she voted for Pugh because of her experience.

"I figured she could help do something for the city," he said.

But after her experience trying to work for the campaign, she said she wished she had voted for businessman David Warnock.

James Warren, 26, a cook from East Baltimore, said he used his day off to come work for the Pugh campaign. He had been canvassing neighborhoods for the campaign previously and planned to vote for her Tuesday, "but the way this turned out, I want to go sit in the house."

If he does vote, he said he'll support former mayor Sheila Dixon.

Warren said he doesn't blame Pugh, but said her campaign is disorganized. Warren asked why so many people were asked to report to work when they didn't need that many.

McCarthy said opposing campaigns were attempting to fan the flames by telling Pugh campaigners already out at polls that they wouldn't be paid.

"It is indicative, really, of how nasty and ugly this campaign has gotten," he said.

alfred russel

So....maybe I was wrong about Trump not getting the nomination.  :hmm:

Why people are rallying to his side, I have no idea.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

DGuller

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 26, 2016, 07:04:59 PM
Trump rolls. :weep:

Nixon said it best, "if there's a movement to stop X, put your money on X."
Worked fine for Los Pepes.

jimmy olsen

According to this 16 unpledged delegates have said they will vote Trump and another 18 or 19 have said they will vote for the District Winner. So that's another 34-35 delegates for Trump.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/live-blog/april-26-primaries-presidential-election-2016/?#livepress-update-22089522

1 Karma Chameleon point