And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: alfred russel on April 19, 2016, 05:07:17 PM
Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on April 19, 2016, 04:49:10 PM
I know (the royal) we have been over this before, but proportionally-allocating electors would not diminish the importance of those states.  In fact, it would make lucrative bastion states like Texas and New York more relevant.

It would make swing congressional districts in Texas and New York more relevant.

If Texas made the change, it would become much more difficult to elect a republican president, and if New York made the change much more difficult to elect a democrat.

Agreed.  At this point I think it is the established parties much more so than the states that want the system to stay they way it is.

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on April 26, 2016, 04:52:52 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 26, 2016, 12:46:13 AM
Tim, that is clearly a smear article. Trump has the best words and astonishingly excellent health.

I don't know but I know that when a popular political figure is attacked for alleged (mental) health problems, it's usually when his or her opponents are at the last brink of desperation.

Is that how it works in Poland?  Thomas Eagleton lived down the street from my grandmother.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Valmy

Maybe Marty remembers the shenanigans of Yuri Andropov. Because Marty is that old.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 26, 2016, 12:46:13 AM
Tim, that is clearly a smear article. Trump has the best words and astonishingly excellent health.

Yep, all his medical tests are extremely positive.  Which for mere mortals would be a very bad thing. :D

alfred russel

For a guy who is 69, Trump seems incredibly high energy. Especially considering he is overweight and apparently exercises through golf alone.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

lustindarkness

How depressing, all this shit will continue to dominate the airwaves until November. :bleeding:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Valmy

Quote from: lustindarkness on April 26, 2016, 12:15:21 PM
How depressing, all this shit will continue to dominate the airwaves until November. :bleeding:

This is the real reason to immigrate to Canada.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

We'll get a two week break in August.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Jaron

Bernie bots are fun. A machine broke down in a PA polling place and immediately it was "the establishment" and "Our democracy is fraud. Only Bernie is truth."
Winner of THE grumbler point.

garbon

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 26, 2016, 11:22:06 AM
She will now be relentlessly attacked by Bernie bros, unfortunately for her.

I think she will survive. Though I don't care much for her, I have to give her credit for riding out the wave of shit that has often come her way.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: garbon on April 26, 2016, 01:09:37 PM
Quote from: FunkMonk on April 26, 2016, 11:22:06 AM
She will now be relentlessly attacked by Bernie bros, unfortunately for her.

I think she will survive. Though I don't care much for her, I have to give her credit for riding out the wave of shit that has often come her way.
On the other hand, you must be one hell of a power hungry creep to be able to survive so many baseless smear campaigns.

Valmy

Quote from: DGuller on April 26, 2016, 01:21:26 PM
On the other hand, you must be one hell of a power hungry creep to be able to survive so many baseless smear campaigns.

Wait are we still talking about Lena Dunham here?

viper37

Quote from: alfred russel on April 26, 2016, 12:08:51 PM
For a guy who is 69, Trump seems incredibly high energy. Especially considering he is overweight and apparently exercises through golf alone.
He has big hands, that's what counts.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on April 26, 2016, 12:18:20 PM

This is the real reason to immigrate to Canada.

I dunno - this thread is 604 pages long.  The Canadian Politics Redux thread is 596 pages long.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Barrister

And some times you just have to hand it to Trump.  When asked about the number of celebrities promising to leave the US for Canada if Trump was elected (including Lena Dunham, Whoopi Goldberg, John Stewart, and Trump's favourite Rosie O'Donnell):

Quote"Now I have to get elected because I'll be doing a great service to our country," he said. "Now it's much more important. In fact, I'll immediately get off this call and start campaigning right now."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/04/trump-ill-do-country-a-great-service-by-winning-if-rosie-leaves-222437#ixzz46xWet2so
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.