Previous topic - Next topic

lustindarkness

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 19, 2016, 03:53:52 PM
Does the Donald get his tan from a can?

Nah man, orange is his natural color.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 19, 2016, 01:54:23 PM
Most of the states realize that winner-takes-all makes them more important, so there's just a couple states that do it differently- they have winner of each congressional district gets the elector.

I know (the royal) we have been over this before, but proportionally-allocating electors would not diminish the importance of those states.  In fact, it would make lucrative bastion states like Texas and New York more relevant.

Admiral Yi

Donald odds on Paddy Power have ticked up, to 5/1.  :(

Eddie Teach

For visiting, OK. But the party with the majority in the state, they would lose a lot.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on April 19, 2016, 04:49:10 PM
I know (the royal) we have been over this before, but proportionally-allocating electors would not diminish the importance of those states.  In fact, it would make lucrative bastion states like Texas and New York more relevant.

It would make swing congressional districts in Texas and New York more relevant.

If Texas made the change, it would become much more difficult to elect a republican president, and if New York made the change much more difficult to elect a democrat.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Zoupa

jimmy olsen

Trump has 61.5% of the vote with 54.1% reporting so far. <_<

Nate Silver 9:47 PM

It's true that the Republican race has often defied momentum, and also that candidates usually get a boost in their home state that doesn't always translate well across state borders. Nonetheless, with Trump potentially getting 60 percent of the vote or more in New York, polls showing him in the mid-40s in Pennsylvania and the other states set to vote next Tuesday seem a lot more plausible.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Phillip V

New York gives decisive win to the frontrunners.  Boring.

I do applaud them for throwing a few delegates at John Kasich and rejecting Ted Cruz.  :)

Eddie Teach

Dorsey may be on to something. In spite of Trump's 65% overall in NYC, he appears to be losing to Kasich in much of Manhattan.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/04/19/us/elections/new-york-city-republican-primary-results.html?ref=liveblog#11/40.7100/-73.9800

Those numbers are quite small.  :lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on April 19, 2016, 09:18:31 PM
Dorsey may be on to something. In spite of Trump's 65% overall in NYC, he appears to be losing to Kasich in much of Manhattan.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/04/19/us/elections/new-york-city-republican-primary-results.html?ref=liveblog#11/40.7100/-73.9800

Those numbers are quite small.  :lol:

But he is clearing 50% almost everywhere in NY, including NYC. He is probably only going to lose a handful of delegates. It is a good night for Trump.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Jaron

Winner of THE grumbler point.

FunkMonk

It seems General Donald J. Trump and his Army of New York have seen off the pathetic counterattack by counter revolutionary GOP forces. The end is near.
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

alfred russel

Quote from: FunkMonk on April 19, 2016, 10:02:27 PM
It seems General Donald J. Trump and his Army of New York have seen off the pathetic counterattack by counter revolutionary GOP forces. The end is near.

He is still considerably off the pace to get 50% of delegates locked down on the first ballot.

CountDeMoney

No joke, Funk.  The GOP might as well get on board the Trump Express and just deal with it.  He has crushed his enemies, seen them driven before him and heard the lamentation of their donors.

Trump is going to have a nice run of victories in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast, and Cruz is going to have a nice run of Shows.  *sad trombone, you obstructionist fuckstick*

Although, watching his victory speech, I'm still trying to figure out what he means by building up America's military "bigger, better, stronger than ever before" so "nobody is going to mess with us." 
I mean, nobody messes with us now.  Our military is an established instrument of US foreign policy, with which we use to mess with others to achieve our specific ends. 
Nobody has messed with our military since December 7, 1941, and very few opponents have ever gotten more of a what-fer payback like Japan did.  Maybe the Jewish Revolt of 71 AD.  That was a bit lopsided at the end as well.

But hey, we're going to use our best business people to negotiate unbelievable trade deals, though.  So we've got that going for us.  Which is good.