And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Habbaku

Good job, 12th district!

Yi, does this make New York a retard state too?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Martinus

Apparently in some districts Ben Carson got more votes than Cruz.  :lol:

Zanza

Martinus

Zanza

So it looks more and more likely that the two candidates with very poor net favorability ratings will be the candidates. I would expect a historically poor turnout in that case.

Habbaku

Quote from: Martinus on April 19, 2016, 11:57:57 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on April 19, 2016, 11:44:51 PM
Good job, 12th district!

The advantage there for Kasich is miniscule.

I am more cheering that there's any advantage for someone non-Trumpian there.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Barrister

Quote from: Zanza on April 19, 2016, 11:59:43 PM
So it looks more and more likely that the two candidates with very poor net favorability ratings will be the candidates. I would expect a historically poor turnout in that case.

Oh there's no doubt - the GOP is going to get destroyed in November. :cry:

And against Hillary - a candidate with such astronomically high negatives. :weep:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Zanza on April 19, 2016, 11:55:49 PM
Staten Island has 80% for Trump :lol:

Yes, that sounds about right for the Isle of Staten.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Zanza on April 19, 2016, 11:59:43 PM

It may drive up the turnout as people turn out to hate vote against the other candidate. We have no idea, this election is unprecedented.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Hillary gets indicted or there is a terrorist attack on US soil and say hello to President Trump.  :homestar:

Martinus

Jaron told me that for some reason all posts from Hillary's campaign on his Facebook wall appear in Spanish.  :D

Tonitrus

Quote from: Barrister on April 19, 2016, 10:34:39 PM
Quote from: Tonitrus on April 19, 2016, 10:25:39 PM
I'm going to hold with the "just short of 1237" prediction, and on the second ballot, Trump probably loses at least 30-40% of his delegates.  If Cruz really is the scheming/organizing genius that he is portrayed to be, he might just grab it all before it even goes to a 3rd.

I'm with 'just short of 1237 but picks up enough delegates to win on the first ballot'.

After watching MSNBC's delegate-analysis dude, I may change my prediction.  Things actually look fairly favorable for Trump (unless the RNC pulls off some shenanigans).