And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Malthus on March 16, 2016, 01:34:28 PM
Great.

Can we look forward in the future to political ads that feature a soundtrack comprised entirely of fart noises?  :hmm:

Only if Hillary made them.  Then grabon would probably tell you they smelled like flowers.

She made a fool out of herself for making those barking sounds.  Don't fault people for mocking her over it.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Phillip V

Quote from: derspiess on March 16, 2016, 01:47:07 PM
Great.

Can we look forward in the future to political ads that feature a soundtrack comprised entirely of fart noises?  :hmm:

Only if Hillary made them.  Then grabon would probably tell you they smelled like flowers.

She made a fool out of herself for making those barking sounds.  Don't fault people for mocking her over it.

The barking was real?!  What was the context.

garbon

Great.

:rolleyes:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

Sometimes Trump supporters being bigoted and stupid can lead to okay outcomes:

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-voters-aversion-to-foreign-sounding-names-cost-him-delegates/

QuoteTrump Voters' Aversion To Foreign-Sounding Names Cost Him Delegates

If Donald Trump somehow falls three delegates short of reaching the magic 1,237 delegates needed for the Republican nomination, he may be haunted by an obscure outcome from the primary voting in Illinois on Tuesday. There's clear evidence that Trump supporters in Illinois gave fewer votes to Trump-pledged delegate candidates who have minority or foreign-sounding names like "Sadiq," "Fakroddin" and "Uribe," potentially costing him three of the state's 69 delegates.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

lustindarkness

Actually, in her speech last night she sounded like the Puppy Monkey Baby.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 16, 2016, 01:55:13 PM

Does this mean she's got your vote?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Malthus

Great.

I'm sure, with the right sort of directional microphone, one could record Hillary actually farting. Then, compose an ad using that sound.  :hmm:

See, with the help of high technology, how far the art of political rhetoric has advanced since (say) the Gettysburg Address? Lincoln simply couldn't have gotten on that podium and played Jeff Davis' actual fart noises.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

alfred russel

Quote from: Malthus on March 16, 2016, 02:35:12 PM

See, with the help of high technology, how far the art of political rhetoric has advanced since (say) the Gettysburg Address? Lincoln simply couldn't have gotten on that podium and played Jeff Davis' actual fart noises.  :D

Considering that Jeff Davis was located wearing women's attire, it might have been a queef.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Martinus

Quote from: derspiess on March 16, 2016, 01:32:46 PM
Quote from: The Minsky Moment on March 16, 2016, 01:15:56 PM
Funny ad but I don't think Trump should be emphasizing the need to be taken seriously overseas.

They're gonna respect him worldwide.  They're gonna have more respect for him than all previous presidents combined.  You're gonna love how much they respect him.  He's gonna negotiate all sorts of great deals for the US.  Just wait and see.  You're gonna love those deals.

He will have the best words. :yes:

lustindarkness

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 16, 2016, 02:02:27 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on March 16, 2016, 01:55:13 PM

Does this mean she's got your vote?

Only the contrary, I can't stand her voice = no vote for her.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Legbiter

Quote from: Phillip V on March 16, 2016, 01:22:24 PMBad for Kasich.  Just when he would have gotten actual speaking time and media view being on a 3-man stage, the lights were turned off.

And they cancelled the debate after Trump pulled out.   ^_^

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/politico-breaking-news-trump-says-he-will-skip-mondays-fox-news-debate-220854

QuoteMonday's Republican presidential primary debate has been canceled after GOP front-runner Donald Trump declined to participate, citing a scheduling conflict.
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Berkut

They should not have cancelled, that was stupid.

They could have had a debate where the two of them sit their and eviscerate Trump.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

derspiess

Quote from: Phillip V on March 16, 2016, 01:50:15 PM
The barking was real?!  What was the context.

She was talking about some 1980s (?) political ad that ran in Arkansas that used a barking dog to show when the political opponent(s) were making false claims.  She went further to say maybe the Democrats should use a barking dog to illustrate when Republicans were saying stuff she disagreed with.

I understand why her advisers had her do it.  They want to make the case that she is fun. She enjoys fun. She both has fun and can be fun. Fun is a word that accurately describes her and a large quantity of things of which she is fond. She appreciates fun when she encounters it, and she has even been known to partake in activities that produce fun for herself and others. Fun is something she often has when amongst a group of people. In such situations, she is capable of amusing others and, in turn, of being amused by them.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

Quote from: Berkut on March 16, 2016, 03:36:05 PM
They should not have cancelled, that was stupid.

They could have had a debate where the two of them sit their and eviscerate Trump.

And get shit ratings.  They'd get better ratings showing Megyn Kelly running on a hamster wheel.

Legbiter

Quote from: derspiess on March 16, 2016, 03:41:37 PMI understand why her advisers had her do it.  They want to make the case that she is fun. She enjoys fun. She both has fun and can be fun. Fun is a word that accurately describes her and a large quantity of things of which she is fond. She appreciates fun when she encounters it, and she has even been known to partake in activities that produce fun for herself and others. Fun is something she often has when amongst a group of people. In such situations, she is capable of amusing others and, in turn, of being amused by them.

:lol: :thumbsup:
Posted using 100% recycled electrons.