News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Berkut on March 16, 2016, 03:36:05 PM
They should not have cancelled, that was stupid.

They could have had a debate where the two of them sit their and eviscerate Trump.

Kasich refused to attend because Trump wouldn't attend. So it would just be two hours of Ted Cruz.
Nobody wants to watch two hours of Ted Cruz.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 16, 2016, 01:28:09 AM
We're going to build a city of canals and gondolas on Mars, and we're going to make Mexico pay for it.

By the way, I assume you mean you support Gingrich for VP?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Lettow77

Gingrich wrote a series of books in which a dramatic Confederate victory at Gettysburg ends the war much faster with a Union victory. He is ideologically unsound.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

lustindarkness

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on March 16, 2016, 09:50:21 PM
Quote from: Berkut on March 16, 2016, 03:36:05 PM
They should not have cancelled, that was stupid.

They could have had a debate where the two of them sit their and eviscerate Trump.

Kasich refused to attend because Trump wouldn't attend. So it would just be two hours of Ted Cruz.
Nobody wants to watch two hours of Ted Cruz.

Only if the guys from bad lip sinc make an extended video.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on March 16, 2016, 09:12:20 PM
Tim has gone full lefty.

Trump does that to people.  If Trump was nominated as a Democrat I'd probably vote Republican.  I actually liked Rubio and Jeb.  I thought Jeb got a raw deal.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on March 16, 2016, 10:18:48 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 16, 2016, 09:12:20 PM
Tim has gone full lefty.

Trump does that to people.  If Trump was nominated as a Democrat I'd probably vote Republican.  I actually liked Rubio and Jeb.  I thought Jeb got a raw deal.

He was well on his way before Trump.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

DGuller

Meh.  I hope that one of Trump's legacies won't be the idea that he was a clown who managed to shove aside respectable politicians and turned a dignified affair into a circus.  Fearmongering, intolerance, utter disregard for facts, engineered disasters presented as policy, all that was still going to be there better than ever.  When the insults stopped at the last debate, there wasn't much substance to take their place.

jimmy olsen

Delegate simulator from the NY Times. Fiddle with the % of popular vote and see what happens.

They also project Trump to win the nomination outright.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/03/16/upshot/trump-cruz-kasich-republican-delegate-lead.html?_r=0
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Martinus

Martinus

Quote from: DGuller on March 16, 2016, 11:48:47 PM
Meh.  I hope that one of Trump's legacies won't be the idea that he was a clown who managed to shove aside respectable politicians and turned a dignified affair into a circus.  Fearmongering, intolerance, utter disregard for facts, engineered disasters presented as policy, all that was still going to be there better than ever.  When the insults stopped at the last debate, there wasn't much substance to take their place.

The problem - and the reason for Trump's popularity, imho - is that there aren't any "respectable politicians" at least on the right. There are stooges, empty suits (well everybody except Kasich and Cruz but Cruz is evil). Jeb had no claim to lead the nation other than his blue blood - he was a complete wet blanket. Rubio was a robot boy who simply seemed like a convenient puppet to Peter Singer and his ilk. Trump came in and bitchslapped them, showing that the emperor has no clothes.

Lettow77

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Savonarola

Actual news story from CNN:

John Legend Calls Donald Trump 'Racist'

Will Meghan Trainor stand by her duet partner, or will this tear them apart?  I  hope CNN keeps us up to date on this crucial story.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock