News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

dps

Quote from: Phillip V on March 15, 2016, 08:23:09 PM
To keep things interesting, Cruz might eke out a win in Missouri and/or North Carolina.

Well, my mom and I did my part to stop Trump--we both voted for Cruz.  Not that either of us were happy about doing that, but a vote for any of the other candidates would have been a wasted vote.

Fuck.  Trump is going to win the nomination and then beat Hillary in November, isn't he.  Fuck.

Berkut

The only way Trump beats Hillary is

1) Some scandal or health issue for Hillary, or
2) Someone mounts a serious terrorist attack in the US in the couple months prior to the election.

The latter actually really worries we...
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Phillip V

Quote from: Berkut on March 15, 2016, 11:24:09 PM

2) Someone mounts a serious terrorist attack in the US in the couple months prior to the election.

While the Clinton campaign has been dismissing Trump as a non-threat, Obama's former campaign manager warns that Trump could be quite formidable in the general election (with actual reasons):  http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-dem-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/donald-trump-david-plouffe-220842

Admiral Yi

Does the Constitution say anything about someone under indictment not being able to serve as president? :unsure:

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

jimmy olsen

Looks like Trump wins the Show Me State by 1700 votes
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Phillip V

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 16, 2016, 12:04:03 AM
Looks like Trump wins the Show Me State by 1700 votes
We'll see.  With 100% precincts reporting, Missouri is still too close to call for BOTH the Democrats and Republicans.

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results

derspiess

Quote from: Phillip V on March 15, 2016, 08:32:16 PM
For some reason, I am feeling a swelling of anger right now that Ohio was not earlier in the calendar and that so much time, money, and "mainstream" support was wasted on failures like Bush, Rubio, Christie, and the rest of the clowns.  Now that Kasich will finally get some deserved attention, it is too late to do anything about Trump.

To be fair, Kasich was late in entering and as such it's his fault for not getting his campaign rolling when everyone else was.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Lettow77

Despite serious misgivings, after tonight I'll support Donald Trump's nomination and bid for the presidency. He carried North Carolina; today, that was for me the only state of any significance, deciding as it did whether I must support Trump or could remain neutral. But he has carried the solid South in its entirety, and is clearly the choice white Southerners have made. That he is the candidate who will make anime real is just the salving garnish that eases the pain of supporting such an unprincipled and unpleasant man.

I would prefer it could've been Carson, whose comfy combination of incompetence and benevolence might have gone some ways to healing the racial rift that plagues the South, but Carson has endorsed the arrogant yankee billionaire. It is enough.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Monoriu

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 16, 2016, 12:30:55 AM
Despite serious misgivings, after tonight I'll support Donald Trump's nomination and bid for the presidency. He carried North Carolina; today, that was for me the only state of any significance, deciding as it did whether I must support Trump or could remain neutral. But he has carried the solid South in its entirety, and is clearly the choice white Southerners have made. That he is the candidate who will make anime real is just the salving garnish that eases the pain of supporting such an unprincipled and unpleasant man.

I would prefer it could've been Carson, whose comfy combination of incompetence and benevolence might have gone some ways to healing the racial rift that plagues the South, but Carson has endorsed the arrogant yankee billionaire. It is enough.

Frankly, as a fellow anime fan, I really don't want to make anime real.  I mean, hardly a day would pass without some apocalyptic event happening.  Cities and buildings are routinely destroyed.  Time travllers appear all the time to mess with history.  A random person you meet on the street maybe a powerful magician that can kill you with a single thought.  The thought of Suzumiya Haruhi being alive and real is enough to scare me. 

Lettow77

We're going to build a city of canals and gondolas on Mars, and we're going to make Mexico pay for it.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 16, 2016, 01:28:09 AM
We're going to build a city of canals and gondolas on Mars, and we're going to make Mexico pay for it.

:lmfao:

Also, apparently Trump lost a delegate in Illinois because some of his racist supporters didn't vote for one of his delegates with a Muslim sounding name. You reap what you sow ^_^

1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

Quote from: Lettow77 on March 16, 2016, 01:28:09 AM

:lol:

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on March 15, 2016, 11:24:09 PM

I don't know.  I probably said this many times before, but Trump has managed to consistently overperform despite being constantly written off, while Hillary has managed to consistently underperform even while being crowned.  I don't have the faith that these patterns will stop in the general election.