News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: Habbaku on March 15, 2016, 03:52:50 PM
Yeah, I'm sure telling her why she should tactically vote for Trump will go down well.

It can be done.  She's deferred to me on other stuff.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Phillip V

Does anybody think Rubio will stay in the race if Trump beats him tonight in Florida?

The candidate says he will stay in even with a loss.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/marco-rubio-stay-in-race-after-florida-220787

Barrister

Quote from: Phillip V on March 15, 2016, 04:59:48 PM
Does anybody think Rubio will stay in the race if Trump beats him tonight in Florida?

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-gop-primary-live-updates-and-results/2016/03/marco-rubio-stay-in-race-after-florida-220787

He has to say he'll stay in.

But if he loses he's out.  He's got no path to victory if he can't win his home state.

Too bad - I liked Marco.  I liked his "insult comic" phase, but his poll number really dropped when he did that.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

alfred russel

Quote from: Barrister on March 15, 2016, 05:04:26 PM

But if he loses he's out.  He's got no path to victory if he can't win his home state.

Too bad - I liked Marco.  I liked his "insult comic" phase, but his poll number really dropped when he did that.

Did you see this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztdzg5kssXk

Way better than the insult comic phase. Maybe he should have broken out this stuff sooner.

He also seems a bit exhausted and emotionally drained.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

alfred russel

Quote from: Phillip V on March 15, 2016, 04:59:48 PM

There is a path to the nomination for the "establishment" candidate. And that is down to Kasich or Rubio.

As I was posting earlier, the conventional wisdom seems to be both of those guys are do or die tonight. But...assume Rubio loses and Kasich wins. Rubio still will have considerably more delegates and better funding. Why should he drop out?

On the other hand, why should both drop out if both lose? There is an argument that the two are crippling each other because they draw from similar support. Rubio might be more viable without Kasich and vice versa.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Martinus

Quote from: alfred russel on March 15, 2016, 05:08:01 PM

Did you see this:

Way better than the insult comic phase. Maybe he should have broken out this stuff sooner.

Aww poor Little Marco, so frustrated his rich puppet masters failed to get him the nomination.

Fuck him, he is a loathsome empty suit. Good riddance.

celedhring

Quote from: alfred russel on March 15, 2016, 05:08:01 PM

Did you see this:

That's comfortably the best speech I have ever heard him give. Too late though.

DGuller

My hope, probably extremely over-optimistic, is that people like Rubio will have these kinds of come-to-Jesus moments, and look back and own up that Trump to a large extent was their own creation.  Trump is the logical conclusion of what "establishment" Republicans started.  And maybe afterwards they'll realize that US needs a political Peace of Westphalia rather than yet another escalation.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 15, 2016, 03:17:13 PM
Except for one young gal I know who seemed enthusiastic about Sanders.  Need to have a chat with her.

I thought you had already told your wife who to vote for.  Oh, I get it.  A "chat".

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 15, 2016, 04:51:07 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on March 15, 2016, 03:52:50 PM
Yeah, I'm sure telling her why she should tactically vote for Trump will go down well.

It can be done.  She's deferred to me on other stuff.

You obviously mobilize impressive powers of persuasion away from Languish :hmm:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

jimmy olsen

Beyond simply preferring her opponent, I grow more and more annoyed with her electoral incompetence. She should be destroying Bernie Bill Bradely style and instead we get this pathetic display, and we know it's not a fluke given her 2008 performance. Yet she is going to limp to the finish line and be the nominee, the only one in recent memory who could possibly lose to Trump.

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidShuster/status/709844940713553920
QuoteShock Illinois exit poll: Hispanics voting 65-35 @BernieSanders over @hillaryclinton.  If that holds, Clinton will lose IL.  #DemPrimary
1:53 PM - 15 Mar 2016
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 15, 2016, 06:00:00 PM
Beyond simply preferring her opponent, I grow more and more annoyed with her electoral incompetence. She should be deatroying Bernie Bill Bradely style and instead we get this pathetic display, and we know it's not a fluke given her 2008 performance. Yet she is going to limp to the finish line and be the nominee, the only one in recent memory who could possibly lose to Trump.

QuoteShock Illinois exit poll: Hispanics voting 65-35 @BernieSanders over @hillaryclinton.  If that holds, Clinton will lose IL.  #DemPrimary

I grow moore and moore annoyyed with english teechers that canned spell.

Timmay, teech our children well.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on March 15, 2016, 05:37:35 PM
You obviously mobilize impressive powers of persuasion away from Languish :hmm:

I've successfully talked people into voting my way before.  Just gotta find something they agree with me on and exploit that. 

Most people aren't as political as Languishites.  I gave up on you mooks long ago and for entertainment value decided to focus on things upon which we differ :P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

jimmy olsen

Quote from: alfred russel on March 15, 2016, 06:10:23 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 15, 2016, 06:00:00 PM
Beyond simply preferring her opponent, I grow more and more annoyed with her electoral incompetence. She should be deatroying Bernie Bill Bradely style and instead we get this pathetic display, and we know it's not a fluke given her 2008 performance. Yet she is going to limp to the finish line and be the nominee, the only one in recent memory who could possibly lose to Trump.

I grow moore and moore annoyyed with english teechers that canned spell.

Timmay, teech our children well.

Typing on a phone while on a bus, give me a break.

10% of the vote in Florida. Clinton and Trump are crushing it.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2016/mar/15/florida-illinois-missouri-north-carolina-ohio-live-results-primary-caucuses
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point