News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

Quote from: Barrister on March 15, 2016, 12:59:03 PM
Or an even more "out there" suggestion that kind of makes sense - Vince McMahon.  Now I'm only mostly joking - they're both billionaires who have known each other for decades.

That would be amazing.

The day Trump unveils his VP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kujo7V9m0gk

derspiess

Quote from: merithyn on March 15, 2016, 12:41:58 PM
Hillary wouldn't stoop to that, I'm sure. Another woman? A person of color? My initial thought was Jill Stein from the Green Party, but that may be way out there even for Bernie.

Oh yeah, that would be a great move :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Capetan Mihali

Sanders plus that first Congressman to endorse him, a young Latino from the Southwest.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Barrister

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 15, 2016, 01:34:36 PM
Sanders plus that first Congressman to endorse him, a young Latino from the Southwest.

Sanders did strongly hint he'd select Warren as running mate.

You know, I still can't get the idea of a Trump-McMahon ticket out of my mind. It would be so terribly awesome. :lol: :cry:

Martinus

Martinus

For the record (I'm on vacation and drunk) my support for Trump is mainly tongue-in-cheek - I think he would be a terrible president but I think he is vilified just a bit too much. And I love the terror he incites in the brand of liberal I despise (the kind that wants to ban speech or "violent video games" and cries foul when a 70 year old comedian says he is uncomfortable with watching two guys kissing).

I think a lot of people "support" him for similar reasons.

CountDeMoney

Lol Speculation on a Trump running mate;  if the convention goes brokered, he may not have a choice in the matter, the party may very well pick it for him.

But, it would be funny to see DerSchvartze have to vote for Vice President Omarosa.
#OhNoesNotAnotherNegress

merithyn

Quote from: Barrister on March 15, 2016, 01:44:40 PM

Max pointed out that losing Warren in the Senate would be a bad strategy.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

derspiess

Consensus among my friends, both Demoncrat and Republican, is that none of them were happy about who they voted for today.  Except for one young gal I know who seemed enthusiastic about Sanders.  Need to have a chat with her.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: merithyn on March 15, 2016, 02:58:49 PM

Massachussets is a pretty blue state.  I'm sure the Dems would still hold that seat.

Here's Sanders hinting at Warren for VP.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/wade-norris/bernie-sanders-hints-eliz_b_8928406.html

Habbaku

Quote from: derspiess on March 15, 2016, 03:17:13 PM
Consensus among my friends, both Demoncrat and Republican, is that none of them were happy about who they voted for today.  Except for one young gal I know who seemed enthusiastic about Sanders.  Need to have a chat with her.

Yeah, I'm sure telling her why she should tactically vote for Trump will go down well.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Barrister on March 15, 2016, 03:42:04 PM
Quote from: merithyn on March 15, 2016, 02:58:49 PM

Massachussets is a pretty blue state.  I'm sure the Dems would still hold that seat.

Here's Sanders hinting at Warren for VP.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/wade-norris/bernie-sanders-hints-eliz_b_8928406.html

Course she took that seat from a Republican. And besides, I don't think Sanders would be likely to pick up a replacement Dem senator who would be so monomaniacal about the economy.