Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phillip V

Quote from: celedhring on March 08, 2016, 05:37:52 PM
Romney still fighting tooth and nail to deliver Michigan for Trump tonight:

Romney making Michigan robo calls for Kasich, Rubio

As part of the effort to prevent Donald Trump from securing the Republican presidential nomination, 2012 nominee Mitt Romney is making automated telephone calls on behalf of Ohio Gov. John Kasich and Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida.

Romney's calls are being used by Kasich for today's primary in Michigan — where Romney grew up, and won the GOP primary four years ago — while Rubio is pulling them out for that state and the other three voting today: Mississippi, Idaho and Hawaii. A total of 150 delegates are at stake today in votes that award them on a proportional basis to candidates who achieve a minimum threshold (15 percent in Michigan and Mississippi, 20 percent in Idaho; Hawaii is a caucus).

The thrust of the "robo-calls" is more anti-Trump than pro-Rubio or Kasich. Romney advocates voting for "a candidate who can defeat Hillary Clinton and who can make us proud," The New York Times reported.

"If we Republicans were to choose Donald Trump as our nominee, I believe that the prospects for a safe and prosperous future would be greatly diminished—and I'm convinced Donald Trump would lose to Hillary Clinton."

Whether the Romney calls will be used for Kasich in Ohio is not known.

Romney accelerated the anti-Trump movement last week with a blistering televised attack saying he would be bad both for the country and the Republican Party. A new poll for ABC News today indicates the #NeverTrump effort may be having an effect; while Trump remains in the lead nationally, the standing of Kasich, Rubio and Sen. Ted Cruz all has increased—Kasich's the most. And both Cruz and Rubio would beat Trump in a one-on-one contest, according to the poll, which did not measure a potential Kasich matchup with just Trump.

Trump has now won Romney's home state.  Rubio currently in last place.  :D

jimmy olsen

Nate Silver mentioned on his preview that a Sanders win in Michigan would be the biggest upset ever according to the polls

1,184/4,830 precincts (24.5%) reporting

Bernie Sanders 154,890 51.3%
Hillary Clinton 141,047  46.8%
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

DGuller

Looks like Democrats collectively sighed in relief when Bloomberg said he wouldn't run, and decided that it's now safe to vote for Bernie.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: DGuller on March 08, 2016, 09:21:16 PM
Looks like Democrats collectively sighed in relief when Bloomberg said he wouldn't run, and decided that it's now safe to vote for Bernie.

I still expect her to win, but it looks like it'll be a lot closer than expected.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Grinning_Colossus

Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 08, 2016, 03:18:15 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 08, 2016, 03:11:50 PM
Pretty sure she's naturally brown-skinned, dude :lol:

Are you talking about the Indian chick or the permed bottle blonde?

The one that actually has darker skin.  So yeah, the Indian chick.  The gross one next to her looks like Debbie Marblemouth Schultz but I guess you missed my reference earlier.  Damn chinamen :angry:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Phillip V

Any view or reports into the look on faces inside the Clinton camp right now?  :D

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Monoriu

Quote from: Phillip V on March 08, 2016, 09:41:56 PM
Any view or reports into the look on faces inside the Clinton camp right now?  :D

I thought the Democrats allocate the delegates proportionately?  If so, I think Clinton bags more or less the same number of delegates as Sanders, as she only lost Michigan marginally.  She got like 80% of the votes in the other state. 

Phillip V

Quote from: Monoriu on March 08, 2016, 09:53:37 PM
Quote from: Phillip V on March 08, 2016, 09:41:56 PM

I thought the Democrats allocate the delegates proportionately?  If so, I think Clinton bags more or less the same number of delegates as Sanders, as she only lost Michigan marginally.  She got like 80% of the votes in the other state. 

Nobody cares about delegate count tonight.

Valmy

Quote from: Phillip V on March 08, 2016, 09:56:55 PM
Nobody cares about delegate count tonight.

The thing that determines the winner of the primaries is something nobody following the primaries cares about?

Valmy

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on March 08, 2016, 10:01:59 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 08, 2016, 09:44:13 PM
Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on March 08, 2016, 09:37:39 PM
Go, Bernie, go!  :showoff:

:punk: #feelthebarn

Hey man if you guys nominate Trump he might win. Just saying.

Who cares. Our next president is almost guaranteed to suck.