News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

2016 elections - because it's never too early

Started by merithyn, May 09, 2013, 07:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Martinus

derspiess

Oh, Mitt.  You should have stayed in the background.  You had your shot, and I don't see this slowing down Trump at all :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Admiral Yi

Good move Mitt.  Even if it doesn't hurt Trump it's important to get the warning on the record.

PJL

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 03, 2016, 04:18:23 PM
Good move Mitt.  Even if it doesn't hurt Trump it's important to get the warning on the record.

Well there were plenty of warnings on the record that Hitler wrote himself. Didn't stop him from getting elected with a plurality and then going on become Chancellor.

Eddie Teach

Admiral Yi

Quote from: PJL on March 03, 2016, 04:19:58 PM
Well there were plenty of warnings on the record that Hitler wrote himself. Didn't stop him from getting elected with a plurality and then going on become Chancellor.

Was I not clear?  Even if Trump still wins it's important for posterity and history that people warned of the danger.

derspiess

Which gets him... ?
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Eddie Teach

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on March 03, 2016, 04:24:16 PM
Which gets him... ?

The reputation of a man who put principle and country above party loyalty.

Valmy

Which gets him... ?

The Cassandra Award for Ignored Prophets. Very prestigious.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 03, 2016, 04:20:36 PM
Children have more sense than Legbiter.

:bleeding:  I can't stand the "Kids React" videos.  It all smacks of manufactured cuteness, not the more casual things kids say which are more entertaining.

That said, had my now 8 year old Tommy in the car with me the other day and the radio mentioned something about the presidential race.  He asked me who was winning and I told him it looked as though Hillary will get the Dem nomination and Trump will win the GOP.  He sighed and then yelled, "those are the two worst people!"  :D

Phillip V

Quote from: Admiral Yi on March 03, 2016, 04:25:44 PM
Which gets him... ?

The reputation of a man who put principle and country above party loyalty.

If Romney was serious, he would have endorsed a single candidate and/or not trashed the party front-runner.  Instead, there is the possibility that Romney's vote for anybody else plea indicates that he fantasizes about a brokered convention that will pick him as the wise elder statesman.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Phillip V on March 03, 2016, 04:32:44 PM
If Romney was serious, he would have endorsed a single candidate and/or not trashed the party front-runner.  Instead, there is the possibility that Romney's vote for anybody else plea indicates that he fantasizes about a brokered convention that will pick him as the wise elder statesman.

Perhaps this is a prelude to his endorsement of Hillary Clinton...